How’s the weather?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

How’s the weather?​

Finally dry weather and less cold... So, now I can do some maintenance in the backyard.

it's warming up outside...it's now 4 degrees F. It was as low as -10F last night.
Inside the house, temp had dropped to 44 F . Power is back on. it was off for a total of 12 hours. neon 5 gal tank had dropped to 52 degrees...Sole neon tetra in 5 gallon was laying on the bottom...he looked dead. I did a water change and added warm water. to bring it up to 62 degrees. Neon tetra is looking much better now...he's upright and in the middle of thee tank. Hope he'll be alright.
My 29 gallon temp dropped to 62. I did a water change to bring temp up 5 degrees.
Fish look ok but a bit sluggish.
It's nice to have electricity back on.

it's warming up outside...it's now 4 degrees F. It was as low as -10F last night.
Inside the house, temp had dropped to 44 F . Power is back on. it was off for a total of 12 hours. neon 5 gal tank had dropped to 52 degrees...Sole neon tetra in 5 gallon was laying on the bottom...he looked dead. I did a water change and added warm water. to bring it up to 62 degrees. Neon tetra is looking much better now...he's upright and in thee middle of thee tank. Hope he'll be alright.
My 29 gallon temp dropped to 62. I did a water change to bring up 5 degrees.
Fish look ok but a bit sluggish.
It's nice to have electricity back on.
Glad to hear that the power is back on, and that your fish seem to be recovering as well as can be expected

We FINALLY have a nice weekend to look forward to...but the yard is still saturated, so the dogs are stuck inside, again...for the 10th day, if I'm not mistaken...I had almost forgotten what sunshine looked & felt like

Hey, we set a local record. A minus 47 wind chill. That's minus 52.6 to you strange fahrenheit users.

It kind of hurts.

it's only one day, it's only one day, it's only...

we hit -30F wind chill here last night
Mt Washington in New Hampshire wind chill was -110 F with a temperature of -45F

I hope they are all safe too. I am getting more rain than the ground can absorb, but I've learned to use the shopvac at the street end of the french drain to speed up the runoff process. It's warm here, probably going to be rough thunderstorms tomorrow evening.

OMG! We had a local disaster! Chill, not really. ;) We had a power outage of about 2 hours tonight. People in my apartments totally freaked as their cell phones were out. I just shook my head and lit a couple of candles for ambient light and powered up my Microsoft Surface to read a book I'm doing.

The main thing from my point of view was how freaked out so many were just due to their cell phone not working. A few actually had the attitude as to what were they supposed to do if their phone could not tell them what to do. This is actually a sad indication of our current society. Get real and just light a candle and read a book.

Dear Wyoming,
Siberia called. They want their weather back.

IMG_20230403_073844.jpg

Meanwhile, in the north, I have one strip of snow about 2 feet wide and 20 feet long in my entire lot. By tomorrow, it should be gone. They're predicting 10c (50f) so I can move a tree that fell (harmlessly except to itself) in a winter windstorm, and start planning my garden.

Double digits. 10 degrees. This is meaningful.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back