How’s the weather?

@Rocky998 I have no clue the name of the hurricane, I kinda thought it was Frances or something but it has been a long time.

I don't live near salt water of any kind. My policy. I visit it rarely. I don't swim well, I like my saltwater in aquariums, or I did, until I became allergic to my Rose Anemone. If I had the chance to learn to scuba dive in a reef it would probably kill me. I used to visit Galveston and that water is dirty, and I know there are jelly fish, cousin to the anemone. I just don't go, plus hurricanes...

Last edited:
@Rocky998 I have no clue the name of the hurricane, I kinda thought it was Frances or something but it has been a long time.

I don't live near salt water of any kind. My policy. I visit it rarely. I don't swim well, I like my saltwater in aquariums, or I did, until I became allergic to my Rose Anemone and the lifting for water changes was getting to me. If I had the chance to learn to scuba dive in a reef I would consider changing my opinion, however, that's expensive. I used to visit Galveston and that water didn't look too clean to me. If breaking out like I've been in poison oak happens when there is a jellyfish in the water, related to the anemone, I don't think I'm touching saltwater again
Yikes :crazy:

You southerners seem to have a lot of friends.
If you could witness (or better yet, suffer through) the devastation these particular storms caused, I seriously doubt you'd make jokes about them

If you could witness (or better yet, suffer through) the devastation these particular storms caused, I seriously doubt you'd make jokes about them
Yah... My previous friend's home had flood damage. They had to replace TONS of stuff and redo lots of walls and other things.
Other towns near us we drove through and the flooding was so bad... Homes were completely submerged. 😕
Really is sad.
Although there were some people who literally just had fun and kayaked down or city's streets like it was normal 😂
Overall I don't like hurricanes. Just bad all around

My daughter's house is going to get a new roof after the snow melts, from damage courtesy of a recent small east coast hurricane. The damage is nothing compared with a southern hurricane, and it was bad enough.

I come from a culture with very dark humour though. We joke about everything. It keeps you going.

Okay, so today, an almost windless minus 23c, with a wind chill factor of -26. By this afternoon, a balmy -3. By tomorrow night, there's a warning on for a windchill in the -45 range. That, my friends, is cold. I will not invite you to bring chairs and have a party on the beach.

you can live there? that's really cold. now granted I lived in Western Michigan off and on during my childhood until I moved to Texas at 17. I remember 48 inches of lake effect snow falling in 4 hours. but -26c wind chill - well that's probably not quite as bad in Fahrenheit.
The ice is melting here. It's misting rain but temp is right at or a little above 32 F aka 0 C (I know that one). Roads are rough but I will go to the post office in a couple of hours.

Here in Sheridan WY it is 32 F with 7 of the next 9 days supposed to be in the 40's F. We had a really mellow January and February seems to be following. With my being from Ohio it sort of seems odd that here the coldest months tend to be November and December. I think a lot of that is the Chinook Winds we often get in January and February.

Holding about 32. I got the ice off the windshield and the truck to the post office. I waited til most of the ice on the drive had melted. Roads not that bad. Only took 5 tries to get back IN the driveway. I didn't hit the garage. Supposed to be in the 40s tomorrow

I could never live south, even with the really nice wild fish. I can't stand warm weather. Above about 75f, and it's tme to hide away. These incoming -40 winds don't last - just a day or two. In a few weeks the snow will be gone and the summer should be mild. I guess if I lived in a hot region, my body would adjust in time, just as it does to winter. But I don't know how anyone can live south of Boston.

I could never live south, even with the really nice wild fish. I can't stand warm weather. Above about 75f, and it's tme to hide away. These incoming -40 winds don't last - just a day or two. In a few weeks the snow will be gone and the summer should be mild. I guess if I lived in a hot region, my body would adjust in time, just as it does to winter. But I don't know how anyone can live south of Boston.
I can deal with hot or cold without issue. What gets to me is humidity.

I can deal with almost anything, Michigan is colder than Alaska, and I really don't like our summer heat, but I have to live where I can afford to live, so I'm stuck.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back