Howdy, Fishkeepers! :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aethanyc

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I started a topic a short while ago asking a few stocking questions, which were answered really quickly and in such a friendly way! I thought I might as well introduce myself so I can get to know you guys a bit more, I'm definitely going to be checking in here often. :3
I'm a bit of a newbie, so my lingo is probably going to shudder out of normality every now and then, but I hope you can forgive me and get my general meaning! xD I'm always looking to improve my knowledge (most of my internet time is spent reading and researching fish and fishkeeping) and I've caught the fishkeeping bug for sure! I've had a 25L tank for about a year now and my fish are my babies, I love them so much. ^^ Especially my Crowntail Betta, Blade...he's such a sweet and calm little guy, I don't think he knows he's a Betta. xD
I'm upgrading to a bigger tank on Saturday, though (of course!) and I'm super excited about it...I'll keep you all posted of course!

Well, that's me...my username is a bit of a mouthful but I go by Nyth on this here internet. :) I look forward to talking to you all!

- Nyth

Also, here's a picture of Blade hanging out by the filter in case you guys wanna see him...isn't he beautiful! :3 (Don't worry, the filter isn't dirty or anything...it's just marked from where I scrubbed the algae off once, after I first started. Fish are happy, healthy and in perfect water conditions, have been all year. ^^)

IMG_0385.jpg

welcome to the forum Nyth

I;m not usually a fan of SFF but hes a stunner :good:

Hi! Thanks, Simonas! :)
This is where I get all embarrassed though, what does SFF stand for? xD
And thank you! He's my little star attraction, hehehe.

I couldn;t be bothered typing siamese fighting fish!! lol although you just made me do it ha

I thought so! LOL! But since I'd called him a Betta I didn't want to assume and look silly. x)

My sincerest apologies for making you type all that out! ;) Hahahaha.

Don't worry, I always call them Bettas too ;)

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about this forum, there's SO much information and everyone seems really friendly! :3
I've just bought a secondhand Juwel 125L tank, but I'm moving house so I can't even start cycling it until the end of April...and all the media the guy left in the filter for me will be next to useless! Talk about frustrating!

But once I start the fishless cycle in my new house you can bet I'll be on here begging for help and advice, hahaha!

As long as its not been left out of water too long you could install the filter in a bucket and plug it in, a pinch of food every now and then will keep it fed.

As long as its not been left out of water too long you could install the filter in a bucket and plug it in, a pinch of food every now and then will keep it fed.

Ah, thanks but it's been out of water for well over a day now...besides I don't think I'd be too keen to lug a bucket around during a move! :p
Thanks a lot for that though, I'll keep it in mind for future mini-moves. :3

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back