How much API leaf zone do I add to a 3 gallon tank?

ItzAllyCat

Reaction score
I recently got API lead zone for my Java fern and red roof floaters but Iā€™m worried about overdosing. Would 1.25 ml be too much?

The instructions say 5 ml in 10 gallons. That's 0.5 ml in 1 gallon so 1.5 ml in 3 gallons. Since Java fern is slow growing, I'd try just 1 ml and see how things are. If algae grows, add less. But give it a few weeks to see what happens.

Hi there, please just stick to one thread per topic, otherwise we're going to get all confused and discombobulated šŸ„“

So API have a calculator on their website you can use...you may want to double check but I worked it out to be 1.5ml or 30 drops.

I have merged the two threads.

Hi there, please just stick to one thread per topic, otherwise we're going to get all confused and discombobulated šŸ„“

So API have a calculator on their website you can use...you may want to double check but I worked it out to be 1.5ml or 30 drops.
Oh shoot I didnā€™t realize I made 2, sorry, my wifi is buggy and I didnā€™t see my post.

The instructions say 5 ml in 10 gallons. That's 0.5 ml in 1 gallon so 1.5 ml in 3 gallons. Since Java fern is slow growing, I'd try just 1 ml and see how things are. If algae grows, add less. But give it a few weeks to see what happens.
I concur. I used 2.5ml on a 5 gallon with plants. I don't do it every week though.

Most reactions

trending

Back