How Did You Come Up With Your Tff Username?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lol Crossfire I've just been sat here going through words like that and I sound American :hyper:

I have a proper Wiltshire accent and sound like a farmer sometimes.

Oim just goin' to the Shaaarp (shop) :look:

Actually, technically even I don't have an "american" accent. The purest form of American English is found in the central midwest. I don't think I have an accent, but my cousins from Minnesota think i do, and they make fun of me!
I say "roof" they say "ruff"
I say "bag" they "bayg"
I say "leg" they say "layg"

here's a real "baltimore" accent for you
My link

Lol Crossfire I've just been sat here going through words like that and I sound American :hyper:

Actually, technically even I don't have an "american" accent. The purest form of American English is found in the central midwest. I don't think I have an accent, but my cousins from Minnesota think i do, and they make fun of me!
I say "roof" they say "ruff"
I say "bag" they "bayg"
I say "leg" they say "layg"

here's a real "baltimore" accent for you
My link

I go back n forth between sounding like I've been up north in minnesota for years then switch to sounding like I'm from the backwoods of Kentucky, which Indiana has an accent of its own

Work for Maidenhead Aquatics... when ordering fish, each store as the shops location/name shortened into a code...

I started working for the company about 4-4.5 years ago at Bourne end...

So the code was MBOU (m = maidenhead aquatics, Bou = Bourne End).

Couldnt be bothered to change it to MWEN when i move to the Wendover store and now cant be bothered to change it to MBOO now Im at Booker LOL

ditto....im devonshire :lol:

hubby and i have a business called phoenix and i have been that on all forums for years, but it wasnt available here and as we have GSDs i just added it on the end

My mums a preschool teacher and I dont get why they teach them one thing (E=Eh) then change it (E=Eeee) why not just go with the later one. It winds me up Cause i have a 3yr old and we teach her (and she knows) the older alphabet but when she goes to school she'll have to go back to the younger alphabet.

Because in the words that the children start of with it makes the (eh) sound and it is only when they move onto later words that it makes the other sound.

They do it because:

We do that with our kids well 4 of 5 of them as ones 5 months butthats how the schools teach now don't they, before they learn their ABC they learn them by sounding them. I thought it was strange but they learn to read much quicker.

And on the 'H' thing - we pronounce it 'Aitch'

DBT85, not necessarily an uprise in tank sales, just aload of people who would have got a tank either way and appreciated money off! Nobody could be bothered to take advantage of huge savings specifically. But not my loss! was 10% off up to £100, 15% up to £200 and 20% off over £200.

I went with Dieses Madchen, whis is german for "This girl" I thought about using my xbox name, which is Mrs Fah Q. But it wasn't family friendly.

Lol
laugh.gif

Pretty easy not too creative I'm a man who owns and loves fish. Simple. My thinking cap wasn't on but all in all I like it :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back