Horror Films

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I like films like the ring and grudge! There is just something about it that creeps me out! I went to the ring at the cinema and could barely sleep that night as we had a tv directly in front of the bed and I just kept picturing her crawling out of it! They have pretty cool effects!

I must admit though horror films are getting pretty predictable now adays and they just keep remaking the old ones!

I recently saw House of the Dead 2 and thought it was rubbish! In fact I spent more time watching what my fish were doing than watching the film! Special effects were good though! Another pretty good film I watched was Breaking Dawn wouldnt class it as a horror more of a thriller but that was a good film! My bf said it looked boring but he actually enjoyed it too! Just goes to show the high rated ones are rubbish in comparison to the ones that arent really advertised!

Ring and The Grudge are indeed great films but only if you mean the Asian versions and not the crap awful Hollywood remakes.

I like both versions! The originals are always better but the newer ones do have slightly better effects!
hey natsuko, got to agree with the ring when you said about the girl crawling out the tv,i was watching that part with my mate the room we were in was pitch black,just at that point my mate had fallen asleep,leaving me on my own i was frozen to my seat :unsure: .
and the grudge,which i enjoyed best out of the two,the bit on the bus when she saw the womans face at the window,after that film i would not go in my loft for 2 weeks :crazy: .

It's Halloween. That's the scariest movie of all time. Michael and I have been in this terror relationship for 28 years now. He never makes me feel any better, he just keeps right on scaring me. The music from Halloween is enough for me, I have to turn it off.

Regarding the brilliant/dire "IT" - wth was that at the end?? I mean, you had, potentially, the worlds scariest movie, with a killer clown and a bunch of terrifying tag lines to burn into your memory forever, and then you made a big plastic stoopid spider-thing be the bad guy. Doh!! That could have been the number one horror film of all time except the dreadful ending.

After watching the grudge I spent at least two months not looking at the stairs when I left my room in the dark until after I'd switched on the light! But then it hit me that none of it happened in the dark it was all light! I also got a colleague paranoid after watching it by pointing out about it happening during the day!

Dark water is good too! I've heard a tale of two sisters is scary but I havent got round to buying it! Has anyone seen it?

all 4 exorcists. the 2 and 3 are just comical though!

all hellraiser...just awesome stuff

nosferatu

shadow of the vampire (more a black comedy about nosferatu)

I watched Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance last night which is the first in a trilogy of vengeance movies by Park Chan-Wook,the second being Old Boy.

An amazing and thought provoking movie which deals with the horror of losing someone you love to exacting horrible vengeance.Superb casting and the lead male who is both mute and deaf is amazing.

It may not be strictly horror in the conventional sense but it does have some brutal moments which suits the genre well.

If anyone is tired of the Hollywood crap that is churned out at present like me then turn to the asian market.
Marketing and merchandising has no hold there like the Hollywood machine so what we get is filmmaking at the highest level.And Chan-Wook is right at the top of that pile. :)

I saw Audition (1999 Japanese horror) a few months ago and it's still imprinted on me. :shout:

I watched R Point a couple of months ago, a good korean horror movie about some korean soldiers who encounter a vengeful ghost spirit on search and recover mission during the korean war.
Vengence, particularly with ghosts/spirits and unexplained questions in plots seem to be a popular concept in a lot of asian horror movies- however it makes a nice change from the usual blood and guts "lets see how we can kill people (usually teenagers) in the most horrible ways imaginable" type western horror movies.

John Carpenter's 'The Thing'

Scared the crap outta me (when I was 14). I had nightmares for months..... :crazy:

Andy

PS
And I can remember seeing a very obscure Spanish film (subtitled) late at night on BBC2 years ago called 'La Cabina' - 1/2 hr cheapo flick, simple story about a bloke who gets trapped inside a phonebox....... GAVE ME NIGHTMARES FOR WEEKS. The ending!!!!!!! Arrrrrrgggghhhh. Simple. Clever. Very effective!

omg - EDITED NOT TO GIVE THE END AWAY NOW THERE'S A LINK TO WATCH IT!!...seen it!

Regarding The Ring (Japanese one) - my male colleagues at work (in some macho conversation) recently voted this the scariest movie of all time, that's enough to make me never want to see it. Steve said if he could go back, he would have NOT watched it because it messed with his head so much. Not very macho there huh? lol

@SuzieQPlecMama: YEEESSSS!!!! Wow, someone else has seen it too!!!!

Wicked & very (pyschologically) scary little thing. You'll never go in a phonebox after seening that film.

Andy

(PS, you realise you've now given a great ending away now :rolleyes: )

omg do they take him to a place in the end where lots of other people are trapped in phone boxes and some of them are dead and such?? flashback about 20 years...seen it!

Regarding The Ring (Japanese one) - my male colleagues at work (in some macho conversation) recently voted this the scariest movie of all time, that's enough to make me never want to see it. Steve said if he could go back, he would have NOT watched it because it messed with his head so much. Not very macho there huh? lol

Ooo the Japanese original version of The Ring was good- i watched the western version of The Ring and it was terrible (in a bad way) in comparison to the original Japanese one. And yeah, it did freak me out a bit lol- with all that spooky drowned japanese girl coming through your TV screen thing and all.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back