Horror Films

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

donna123

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi i started off on hell raiser and freddy cruger,now my fav at the mo is final destination ive seen 1&2 off to see 3 nx week :shifty: .oh i also thought the saw was good :) .

Can't get past the old ones, The Omen trilogy or The Exorcist, I had them on VHS and now on DVD and love them all.

Nightmare on Elm Street was good, though the rest messed it up.

Some of Steven Kings stuff is good, but like his books they are too long and drawn out.

Would like to see a couple more of Clive Barker books made into films, like Hellraiser.

Arfie

the omen <3
i found out the other day i work about a 3 minute walk from the church where damien's dad tried to kill him was filmed. awesome!

i also <3 poltergeist. a lot.

I love older horror films, like X - The Man with the X-Ray Eyes, Wicker Man, and Theatre of Blood.

I love older horror films, like X - The Man with the X-Ray Eyes, Wicker Man, and Theatre of Blood.
we live in the uk and get the horror channel on ntl,all the old films are on here 24hrs a day! :hey: .
i will watch anything twlight zone ect. :) .

I havn't seen any horror films for a while...But one that sticks to my mind is the Japanese(Not western) version of the The Ring, or Dark Water. Generally speaking though horror movies dont interest me on the whole, although i did find the Omen and Alien trilogys interesting- the first Resident Evil movie was good as well :) .
Are we talking about horror movies though that scared you the most or just the ones that you generally enjoyed/were interested in? I dont think i've really seen any horror movies that i actually found truly scary.

Ooo, I haven't seen the Japanese originals of the Ring and Dark Water. I need to add them to my Netflix list. I did see Oldboy recently, a pretty violent Korean film. It wouldn't call it horror, but did have horrific elements to it and I thought it was much better than Saw -- I watched both movies the same week.

I havn't seen any horror films for a while...But one that sticks to my mind is the Japanese(Not western) version of the The Ring, or Dark Water. Generally speaking though horror movies dont interest me on the whole, although i did find the Omen and Alien trilogys interesting- the first Resident Evil movie was good as well :) .
Are we talking about horror movies though that scared you the most or just the ones that you generally enjoyed/were interested in? I dont think i've really seen any horror movies that i actually found truly scary.
some of my fav movies make me jump,thats part of the fun,people like horror films for different reasons,
i enjoy all types of horror/thriller films.

Ooo, I haven't seen the Japanese originals of the Ring and Dark Water. I need to add them to my Netflix list. I did see Oldboy recently, a pretty violent Korean film. It wouldn't call it horror, but did have horrific elements to it and I thought it was much better than Saw -- I watched both movies the same week.

The Japanese versions of the Ring and Dark Water were a hundred times better than their western versions, almost completely different storys when you compare them to their western versions! You really must see the japanese originals if you are interested in the movies, far more chilling and interesting IMO- I saw the japanese Ring first and thoroughly enjoyed it, some months later i remember watching the Western version of the Ring and thinking "WTF is this :blink: ?!"- they were that different!
I think the Americans tried too hard to make the Ring more "Hollywood" for its Western audiences in the belief that the Japanese concept of the movie might not sell well because it was not a very tried & tested formula for horror movies, but i actually think it would have done even better if they had just stayed with the japanese version and stuff :nod: .

Loved Final Destination 1 &2.Really enjoyed The Blair Witch Project.My favourite of all is The Thing-brilliant!

I like the old ones, probably because i dont really like horror film so i like the old non scary type. My favorite one is 'Carrie'.

Some of Steven Kings stuff is good, but like his books they are too long and drawn out.

:eek: :grr: :angry: Stephen King is fantastic, New book out on the 27th!! :D

My favourite horror films are Nightmare on Elm street (first one), Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original though the remake is funny! :D ), Exorcist and i quite Liked Saw and Ring, though neither were that scary!

Off to see Final Destination 3 tonight! :)

:eek: :grr: :angry: Stephen King is fantastic, New book out on the 27th!! :D

My favourite horror films are Nightmare on Elm street (first one), Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original though the remake is funny! :D ), Exorcist and i quite Liked Saw and Ring, though neither were that scary!

Off to see Final Destination 3 tonight! :)
hi jessica let me know what you think of final d 3 :) .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back