Honey Gourami

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Are we talking standard length or total length?

They are beautiful, laid back fish. I would recommend getting 4-6 as they do much better in small schools. They also like to have some vegetation to hide out occasionally. I have always loved having gouramis in my community tank.
I agree. My four get on great with each other and live happily with ember tetras. I only have females though. Initially I had a male but he was fierce with the other fish. His territorial instincts were too strong so he had to go back to the LFS.

I was just wondering if you included the tail in the measurement (total length) as most fish profiles don't include the tail (standard length) which would make your fish appear bigger than the size given in fish profiles.

My male pearl is pretty big now. I've had the pearls just over a year so they are fully grown. I haven't actually measured him but at a guess I would say about 4 inches standard length. If I hold a tape measure against the tank he swims to the back.

I was just wondering if you included the tail in the measurement (total length) as most fish profiles don't include the tail (standard length) which would make your fish appear bigger than the size given in fish profiles.

My male pearl is pretty big now. I've had the pearls just over a year so they are fully grown. I haven't actually measured him but at a guess I would say about 4 inches standard length. If I hold a tape measure against the tank he swims to the back.
Usually you don't include the tail as you are looking for body mass. When judging fish at shows the tail is never included in fish length, for point allocation.

I measure head to tail on some fish. For instance, my comets and only to educate a member on how large the do get. For goldies, space needs to be included because most have a long tail. :)

Now, back to my thread...can anyone suggest any other gourami’s?. Colin_T gave me several to consider but can’t locate some of them.

Stick a bit of masking tape along the tank sand area. Put some inch markings on it all the way along it’s length so if he swims along the front you’ve a few attempts at measuring him.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back