Honey Gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Can you mix honey gourami colour types? Will a natural colour form male try to mate with yellow females, for example?

It's doable with care. I quarantined mine in a 6.5 gallon - 3 the first batch and 2 the second. It was cramped for them but with a lot of silk plants to break up line of sight they coped. The gourami will no doubt be quite young, so a lot smaller than its adult size.
Thanks, Essjay!

Congrats on the future newbie....may I ask where you got him from?
BTW, the only QT I have is 5.5G, most juvie fish (within reason) will do fine in a QT this size, short term
I got him from Bio Acuatica. Thanks for the info. :)

Anybody have one. Would like to know pros and cons. Thinking about adding one to my 55G which has neon tetras and bronze/albino cories.
I bought two dwarf gouramis, but one picked on the other, and it went to my daughter’s tank. Mine likes to hide part of the day, sometimes is late to feedings, and loves to peck at the sinking wafers I drop for my cory cats. It gets along well with all the other community fish in the tank. It’s advised to have odd numbers, and the one I have seems just fine to be on its own.

Hmm, haven't heard of that place, I'll check it out.
Look at the selection of fish this place has to offer, I've had good experiences with them, many orders

It sales through EBay. I’ve heard a lot about The Wet Spot. Glad to know someone who has used them. :)

Love mine, peaceful and beautiful. I gave up on Betta fish since they kept on dying on me but I’m happy with these two. They are a bit slower, if compared to my red skirt tetras and harlequin rasboras. I gotta make sure they have some food left after a feeding but so far that’s the only con I can think of.

I've had some as well, and have nothing but good things to say about them. No issues.
Lovely and very pretty little fish. They can be sensitive to any changes is what I would say though.

All the best,
Burhan

Get them ! Honey chuna's are one of the nicest little fish there are. They are a bit shy and retiring. They don't like overly rambunctious tank mates and they behave towards each other similar to Dwarf Gourami's but not quite as aggressively. They will go great with tetras and corydoras.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back