Hi there, Need some advise plz. Large fish with swim bladder

Ruby2shoes

Reaction score
I need advise, have a large goldfish and think it maybe swim bladder. Have a 60litre tank and had water tested, was told ammonia levels are a little high. I did a water change today and put some Melafix in it. The only thing I notice is the fish is breathing, but swimming very little. I feel terrible for it, and don't want it to suffer. I'm trying to feed it frozen peas, and pellets. Are they anything else I can do?

Can you post a photo of the fish please?
For now do not feed it pellets and go easy on the pea.

Attachments

• IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    919.3 KB · Views: 209
This was the best pic I could get. Its breathing is quite rapid and I didn't want to stress it out. Thanks for fast response. Other fish are pecking at it, but I was told not to take it out the tank. I'm frantic

If the other fish are picking at it you have to remove it from the tank or they will kill it. Have you got a breeder net or something like that? If not you could try using those nets you use to catch fish.

1000405843_1_644x461_aquarium-fish-bolw-fish-net-lagos-mainland.jpg

If the other fish are picking at it you have to remove it from the tank or they will kill it. Have you got a breeder net or something like that? If not you could try using those nets you use to catch fish.

1000405843_1_644x461_aquarium-fish-bolw-fish-net-lagos-mainland.jpg
Thanks NickAu, I have a net, I don't have a spare filter. It was a couple of fish I saw pick at it, observing the fish and it's seemed to stop. Don't know what to do now, any ideas?

You can keep it in the main tank in the net.

Hello, sorry to hear about your fish, it does look like it is a water quality issue as you have noted ammonia, it's good you have done a water change, how many goldfish do you have in your tank?

Thanks for your support betta fish, the poor thing is fighting to move around and seems to float around the bottom of the tank. This is better than yesterday. We have 8 fish altogether

No wonder, that tank is by far overstocked.What type of filter do you have? How often and how much are your water changes? What do you feed them? Can you get a picture of the whole tank? Thanks.
I'm
8 Gold fish in a 60 liter tank? You have a serious problem on your hands with overstocking.

Have a read of this.
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/any-ideas-on-what-fish-this-is.443969/
Looked at your link, my fish is tiny compared to that. I have a good filter, had water change, had water tested and following direction on treatment from a fish store. I believe they know what their saying. It's not overstocking and sick fish is still breathing, swimming very little. Ammonia levels are normal.

I'm

Looked at your link, my fish is tiny compared to that. I have a good filter, had water change, had water tested and following direction on treatment from a fish store. I believe they know what their saying. It's not overstocking and sick fish is still breathing, swimming very little. Ammonia levels are normal.
It IS overstocked. You didn't really answer my questions either. Fish store people aren't very reliable, remember they will lie to you to get an extra sale.

I believe they know what their saying. It's not overstocking
LOL

following direction on treatment from a fish store
What did they sell you?

Your fish will grow that big in time if they are healthy, In a small tank your fish will become stunted.

I have a 100 gallon 6 foot tank and the max number of goldfish I could keep is 9 or 10, You need roughly 20 gallons for the first fish and about 10 gallons for every fish after that.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back