Hi everybody!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

16mirta

Reaction score
My name is Mirta, I'm from Italy, and I share an aquarium with my boyfriend Chrysovalantis.
We have two aquariums and half(...). I'll explain what I mean!
We have a 30L aquarium (with glass structure), a 16L aquarium (same as the previous one) and a 5L aquarium that we use as quarantine.
We have 1 male guppy and two females (one died, she wasn't growing in anyway after many months and I thought when she got pregnant that might have been too much for her). 3 coridoras and all these in the 30L aquarium. There are so many plants in there, I don't recall their name (only Anubia), I might ask to my boyfriend though! I'll post a picture in the future.
We had several betta fishes but they died and for different reasons, it appears. We were new to this hobby at the time and sure made some mistakes, but not even so big. We had our first male betta who was actually able to procreate fries with one of the three females we had. We had though to separate them because he was DESTROING their fins, tail, so we put him in the other aquarium and probably got stressed from the bottom fishes we had there (the pet shot didn't tell us those fishes would have become so big and need much space, and just the other day we brought them back to the store, instead of releasing them in the nature or killing them (I don't recall now their names, but are long with vertical black and orange stripes, usually they hide). We had a few Plecos to help clean the aquarium, but one became really aggressive and we had to bring them back to per pet shop too. Unfortunately disinformation made us go throught this path.
Anyway, this male betta died. The females were territorial and probably stressed too much each other (I still miss so much my favorite one. She was a Halfmood betta, pearl color).
Now we have only a female betta, but she's having some issues, we are going on months trying to understand what's going on with her.
At first we thought she was bloated, then she might have had bladder disease, now internal parasites. We can't really understand what's going on! I'll make anther post for that though!
We are trying to learn, we want our fishes to be happy and healthy (oh, onew the 15L aquarium is for a few Guppy fries).
In the picture: little guppy fries in the 30L aquarium
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-17 at 09.33.17.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The tank looks nice and the plants seem to be doing well. :)

HI & welcome to TFF... :hi:
Sufficient knowledgeable members over here that you can learn from... ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back