Searching for a male...

emeraldking9 60

Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Joined
Sep 13, 2016
Messages
6,963
Reaction score
10,824
Points
113
Location
NL
Well, it seems that all of my cpos are females which explains that I don't have any offspring anymore. So, somewhere by next week I'll have to get myself a male or two. So, I can finally breed those cpos again.
With the heatwaves we had this summer, a number of them have died. And I just wasn't aware of it that all male were included.
IMG_9973.webpIMG_9972.webp
 
Usually, indoors they just bred at temperatures between 20°C-24°C. But outdoors, they've even bred at 18°C without any problems.
I'm interested in keeping CPOs outdoors at some stage, but it can get quite hot in summer. So also interested in B I The Fold's question "what temperature threshold did them in?" (what was the temp that killed the male CPOs?) If it's around 35C then my environment is not suitable for them.
 
I'm interested in keeping CPOs outdoors at some stage, but it can get quite hot in summer. So also interested in B I The Fold's question "what temperature threshold did them in?" (what was the temp that killed the male CPOs?) If it's around 35C then my environment is not suitable for them.
We had days of 30°C-40°C in a row for a couple of times. Even these past couple of days we have similar days. I've moved them over to the other room where it's a bit cooler.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TNG

Most reactions

Back
Top