Help?! My molly is attacking new fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

despreauxb

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I have over a 20 gallon tank which my Molly shared with a DG. I got new fish which have bright stripes on them so I moved my DG into another tank. After I put these guys in my Molly started attacking them! I even watched him bury in sand until one would pass by!! I took my Molly pit, rearranged the tank and he's still after them? Is this just being Curious or troublesome? I had no problem with him and DG getting along

So I have over a 20 gallon tank which my Molly shared with a DG. I got new fish which have bright stripes on them so I moved my DG into another tank. After I put these guys in my Molly started attacking them! I even watched him bury in sand until one would pass by!! I took my Molly pit, rearranged the tank and he's still after them? Is this just being Curious or troublesome? I had no problem with him and DG getting along
16320020822652551470091495749584.jpg

Are the new fish skirt tetra? They are nippy so it may be defensive behaviour from the molly.

Are the new fish skirt tetra? They are nippy so it may be defensive behaviour from the molly.
I'm not sure. They are a type of tetra but my Molly is chasing them and was rven burying in sand until they would pass by.

I have some neon tetras who are very inquisitive. I believed they were bullying my bn catfish but they were just being inquisitive and later they stopped. They may also be getting into His/her territory if she is a territorial fish and just protecting her territory. Maybe they are eating Molly's food and she looks at them as food. (I am fairly new so don't take my word for things)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back