Help. My friend's betta is sick.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Caitlyn

Reaction score
My friend asked me to take a look at her betta. He'd been doing fine until a few days ago when she noticed a white spot near his anus. I was hoping someone might be able to help us diagnose him.
20190201_063924.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

any chance of a better picture? i can barely see the fish in that.

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

A lighter picture would be really helpful. Is it just the one white growth or are there others? Are the fish's eyes cloudy or bulging? (It's hard to tell in the picture.) My first thought is Ick but a better picture is required for that - normally Ick has multiple white growths.

You said by the anus but possibly a little farther up could be an eggs spot. Females have them but some males get them too. You may want to read up on it. Good luck!

My friend asked me to take a look at her betta. He'd been doing fine until a few days ago when she noticed a white spot near his anus. I was hoping someone might be able to help us diagnose him. View attachment 90162
It happened with my friends molly. When we tried to remove it by hand and we find it was a sharp small object which was penetrated molly at his gills. This could be possibility.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back