Help! Guppy Dying!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fropuf

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Help!

One of my guppies may be dying! I don't know what is wrong! It is floating in a corner of my tank, with this weird puffy tube hanging out the anus. I can't upload a picture right now, but I do know that the water is 140 ppm KH, 7.505 pH, and cycled. What should I do?

Not poop. It looks like a translucent white, like an intestine. I don't have aquarium salt.

use epsom salt. like bathtub salt? I'm sure you have that. try to use the most natural one you have. 

I'm assuming if there is a scent/flavor like lavender it should be fine. IM ASSUMING. someone correct me please/

Is a little table salt OK?
I should mention I have no other tank, like a hospital tank, and there are 4 other healthy guppies in the same tank. It is a 30 gallon tank.

Clear poop can be a sign of internal parasites, is the fish emaciated or showing no interest in food?

I wouldn't use table salt It's not really the same. If you don't have access to the correct salt just keep a eye on it. The worse thing you can do is panic and make a mistake, As Lyra said it's possible theres parasites but there most likely just struggling to pass it. Give it time.

No interest in food, but it looks just as fat as the others.

Should I still use the epsom salt?

With the other fish in the tank, I mean?

Normally you split them up and have the ill one in a small tank and treat.

I have no secondary tank I can use for longer than 1 hour, which is to say it is only suitable for a betta at best. Is it okay to use the epsom salt with the others in a tank? I know I should have a second tank, but money issues.

Most reactions

trending

Back