April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Rsha98xx

Reaction score
So Iā€™m in a bit of a pickle.
Iā€™m wondering if someone can give me some advice. I have a pregnant swordtail in my 20gallon community tank and I also have a pair of (what I believe to be) sunset thicklipped gouramiā€™s, which up until yesterday were in my community tank. However a couple of fish had seemed to disappeared and my male gourami was quite aggressive and territorial over his corner of the tank so I moved the pair of them to my 10 gallon tank alone. The 10 gallon had finally finished cycling. However as soon as Iā€™ve put them in there he has made a bubble nest and theyā€™ve been mating, sheā€™s released quite a lot of eggs now.
I only have these two tanks and Iā€™m wanting to save as much fry as I can, would it be best to leave the tanks as they are or would I be able to set up a tank (a large plastic 80litre storage box) for what will soon be fry from my gouramis and swordtail? The only thing is I donā€™t have a spare filter so Iā€™d have to order one along with another heater and light, is there anything I could do to help cycle it faster ready for the fry? Iā€™m so unsure on what Iā€™m meant to do

Leave the eggs and babies with the male gourami to look after. When they are off swimming about on their own and he no longer cares for them, you can move him out. The female is usually ignored or chased away by the male when he is looking after eggs or fry.

The baby fish need green water and infusoria for the first 2 weeks of life. if you can't get that, use boiled egg yolk. See following link for information on fry food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back