Hello! I'm A Noob When It Comes To Aquariums...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What's cuter?

• Seahorses

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Sea Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a bigger tank for it isn't going to be 60 gallons full sized they need 200+ gallons
Ok what is your questions specifically I can try to answer them?

RRaquariums said:
The other big thing about sea stars is they need a very mature tank because of what they eat so you will need to have the tank running for a long time before he can be added so that gives you plenty of time to learn about how to do it but I'd still go with a different type of star
what star would you go with then?
there's hardly any information on these forums relation to sea stars.

There are some types of brittle stars that can go in smaller tanks.
The reason theres not much info on the starts is because they are hard to keep.

MagicalMermaid said:

The only one being rude on here, MagicalMermaid, is you! No one said you were poor, Ellie just said it was expense and since you admitted to knowing jack squat maybe you hadn't thought about that so she was just pointing it. All the other guys did give you advice. If you want those fish specifically then get a bigger tank and do you're research on the proper section of the forum. It's pointless to repeat information when it is already easily accessible.
No need to get all caps on us buddy just because you didn't like what people were saying to you. Tank size is crucial in both fresh or salt water so if you really want a starfish or sea horses they would definitely suffer from being in a tank that you have. 
*your

Noone is even answering anything i'm asking. I've read the invertebrate section on sea stars. It leaves alot to be desired. OK? Chocolate chip starfish would not suffer in a 30 gallon tank. Maybe a 10 gallon. 

.... Ask your questions in the correct area and the exports can answer you... 

What do I need to put in my tank for a "star fish"? What do they eat? Do they get lonely?

What kind of starfish would fit in my 30 gallon tank and where could i purchase them? 

PLEASE HALP ME GUIS

GuppyGirl20 said:

The only one being rude on here, MagicalMermaid, is you! No one said you were poor, Ellie just said it was expense and since you admitted to knowing jack squat maybe you hadn't thought about that so she was just pointing it. All the other guys did give you advice. If you want those fish specifically then get a bigger tank and do you're research on the proper section of the forum. It's pointless to repeat information when it is already easily accessible.
No need to get all caps on us buddy just because you didn't like what people were saying to you. Tank size is crucial in both fresh or salt water so if you really want a starfish or sea horses they would definitely suffer from being in a tank that you have. 
*your

Noone is even answering anything i'm asking. I've read the invertebrate section on sea stars. It leaves alot to be desired. OK? Chocolate chip starfish would not suffer in a 30 gallon tank. Maybe a 10 gallon. 

.... Ask your questions in the correct area and the exports can answer you... 

get out if you're not going to welcome me rudefishface

If you looked at a few other sites you may be able to find some good information on sea stars. Just be prepared to be limited on what you can keep safely in 30 gallons :) 
With fishkeeping, the key thing is to research :) 

Also, I do not have experience with this myself, but it seems many pet stores will tell you anything's okay in your tank to make as much money as possible :/ A good reason to research. I'm not saying all stores are this way, of course they might not be. 

Good luck :)

You caps locked us and you are calling her rude? What? I see no logic. Im utterly confused at this point

AshleyNZ said:
If you looked at a few other sites you may be able to find some good information on sea stars. Just be prepared to be limited on what you can keep safely in 30 gallons
smile.png

With fishkeeping, the key thing is to research
smile.png

Also, I do not have experience with this myself, but it seems many pet stores will tell you anything's okay in your tank to make as much money as possible
confused.gif
A good reason to research. I'm not saying all stores are this way, of course they might not be. 

Good luck
smile.png
THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME AND CARING AND BEING KIND AND ACTUALLY LISTENING TO ME. I love your kitty avatar. kitties are the best. especially black ones. Black land animals are cutie patooties. meow
EllieJellyEllie said:
You caps locked us and you are calling her rude? What? I see no logic. Im utterly confused at this point
why are you trying to be confrontational? if you don't like my CAPSLOCK just get out of my thread and stop being rude to me OMG

I'm still here trying to help you so what other questions do you have?

You have a lot of research to do before you stick water in your tank. This is a good place to do it as is our sister site thereeftank.com. 

You can get salt mix at PetCo. They sell it.

Sea stars are advanced creatures that require a mature and stable tank. However, if you are going to have one the chocolate chip star fish is among the easier ones to manage. 

Sea horses are also very advanced. They require a different environment than other marine species and are generally best kept in a species only tank. They generally do best in tank that's a few degrees below what other marine fish are kept at so this might slow the metabolism of a sea star. 

Cracked tanks, no matter how much you think they leak or don't should either have the cracked panel replaced or be discarded. It's simply too risky. 

Here's a video that talks a bit about the chocolate chip starfish. They do not have emotions so loneliness is not an issue you need to worry about. 

http://youtu.be/1yxCYh7312U

MagicalMermaid said:

If you looked at a few other sites you may be able to find some good information on sea stars. Just be prepared to be limited on what you can keep safely in 30 gallons
smile.png

With fishkeeping, the key thing is to research
smile.png

Also, I do not have experience with this myself, but it seems many pet stores will tell you anything's okay in your tank to make as much money as possible
confused.gif
A good reason to research. I'm not saying all stores are this way, of course they might not be. 

Good luck
smile.png
THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME AND CARING AND BEING KIND AND ACTUALLY LISTENING TO ME. I love your kitty avatar. kitties are the best. especially black ones. Black land animals are cutie patooties. meow

Thank you! Love my little kitty, quite adorable. All I can really advise you with is research :) As fishkeepers, we all want whats best for our pets, why research is very important. 
It sounds like marine is kind of hard. But if you're really dedicated, just research as much as you can :)

Im trying to help but you are making it hard :/ I would start by researching, start threads in the saltwater section, ask about starfish, etc. Research on google. The two things I will recommend, dont trust pet store employees, and RESEARCH. Good luck

You're the only one being rude! how can you expect to get the answers you need if you're not even in the right place? What does it hurt to actually post the correct section? Why does that not make sense to you? I'm generally curious. I'm not trying to be rude to you at all and you keep attacking us for trying to direct you in the right direction. You did get lucky that some people who actually know about this subject as contacted you can help you but next time it is much easy to go to the correct section. That's all I'm trying to say. You can't be mad at the information you're given just because you don't like it. If you do find a star that can be kept in the tank you have I wish you the best of luck and I do know that petco sales things for salt water upkeep if there is one near you if then you can just google search something like "salt walter aquarium kit" and you should come across the things you need.

RRaquariums said:
I'm still here trying to help you so what other questions do you have?

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/434408-hello-im-a-noob-when-it-comes-to-aquariums/#entry3678425
tcamos said:
You have a lot of research to do before you stick water in your tank. This is a good place to do it as is our sister site thereeftank.com. 

You can get salt mix at PetCo. They sell it.

Sea stars are advanced creatures that require a mature and stable tank. However, if you are going to have one the chocolate chip star fish is among the easier ones to manage. 

Sea horses are also very advanced. They require a different environment than other marine species and are generally best kept in a species only tank. They generally do best in tank that's a few degrees below what other marine fish are kept at so this might slow the metabolism of a sea star. 

Cracked tanks, no matter how much you think they leak or don't should either have the cracked panel replaced or be discarded. It's simply too risky. 

Here's a video that talks a bit about the chocolate chip starfish. They do not have emotions so loneliness is not an issue you need to worry about. 

http://youtu.be/1yxCYh7312U

they don't have emotions!? I DON'T BELIEVE YOU. I WANT MY STARFISH TO LOVE ME. I WANT TO BELIEVE THEY CAN FEEL AND HAVE EMOTIONS!!! thanks for being the most helpful btw

EllieJellyEllie said:
Im trying to help but you are making it hard
confused.gif
I would start by researching, start threads in the saltwater section, ask about starfish, etc. Research on google. The two things I will recommend, dont trust pet store employees, and RESEARCH. Good luck
TELLING ME TO DO RESEARCH ISNT HELPFUL IM SORRY but thats what i've been trying to do here since the research i've done hasn't answered all the questions i've had or been very helpful. I'VE GOOGLED! How do you think i've come across this messageboard!? don't be silly jelly ellie!

I will say this to our original poster...we have a policy on this forum that you may not know about...people get to give you the answer they want as long as it's polite and pertinent. You don't get to control what others say. You get to ignore them or disagree with them but not take away their right to say it as long as it's within the forum's standards of decorum and polite society. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back