Healing The Uarus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This is the first time I ever heard of buffalo head or blockhead cichlid whatever you want to call them. I'm more into my SA cichlids and over look the africans till now. He has gotten a bit more round since I got him. I thought about getting him a mate. I found dead in a cave when I tried to catch this guy to save him.

This guys is a really cool fish with balls. he had a face off with my ebjd who is bigger then him. He likes to try and pull hair algea off plants and stuff it's so cute to watch him do that. Very cool fish I recomend them. I think this guy will only get to be 4"

New photos of my Rescue Uaru. They took awhile to settle in to the new tank. When they start picking at the wood I know they are happy feeling good. There is a little battle for king or queen of tank ( I can't sex these kinds of cichlids) .

working things out.
P6243722.jpg

Dent head that one hole was the deepest so it is takeing a bit longer to heal.
P6243721.jpg

On the right is Denthead. on the Left is the one that have the wide holes. You can see where the Hith was because it is darker. that one hole was deep.
P6243708.jpg

close up of denthead
P6243688.jpg

These guys are fun to photograph because they don't always make it easy.

One more photo. This is the smaller one not Dent head. That one big hole is getting smaller. I don't know if the fins will ever be the same....

P6243685.jpg

you have done an amazing job there looking a 1000x better
and look like there getting stronger all the time
it wouls be nice to find out if they are male and female
real bonny looking fish keep doing what you are doing your
good at it

the biffster

THey're certainly looking way better and happier Snowflake. I'm sure the fins will get there too in the end. Patience !!

Wow snowflake you have done such a good job!! Well done :) They really are looking great now, once the fins are sorted they will look amazing :)

Thanks guys. I'm really happy with how well they have healed up. I'm also very happy with how green they are they have such nice colors now. The names are Denthead and Other one. They are very cool fish even their personalitys are differant they are more outgoing they don't spook as easy. They like to swim around and check things out. When I first met them they were scared of everything they acted abused.

Yeah the fin are going to take a while to get all better. I also wonder how much more they will grow. They are 5-6" now.

Ok these are them now 100% better but I think they are stunted . We call them the mafia they rule the tank. But the little buffalo head is the real tough guy everyone is scared of him when he gets mad it's so funny.

The uaru have really come out of their shell and are really letting me get to know them. They are so smart and have lots of personality.
This is how they keep an eye on everyone tail to tail. Don't mess with them
Uarutail2tail.jpg

loom at these faces how could anyone let them get hith.
Uarulookin.jpg

and the buffalo head the little king.
P9094174.jpg

the end
Thanks for reading.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back