Harrys Juwel Rio 125 Marine Tank

Usually it's good to add in order of temperaments... So firefish first, then clownfish and then wrasse would be a good order. Looking good so far :good:

thanks nemo. :good: i am having 2 marine whites and then lots of LEDs for night time so the main lights will be on for 8 hours and then the LEDs will come on 2 hours before the main lights turn on and also when the main lights turn off. :good:

Regarding the rowaphos, you could get a TMC bubble stop, I'm surprised one didn't come with your tank, but you can fill it up with rowaphos in a bag and then direct your skimmer outlet into it.

thanks truck i think the skimmer came with one but im not sure :blush:

do you think i should add some water to test if the skimmer pump is working?
i also have my list to buy here it is (im getting test kits and power heads for xmas)

2 Juwel High Lite Tubes Marine £39.98 (seapets)

100L Ro Water £20 (lfs)

Deltec Refractometer £29.90 (reef store)

Caribsea - Aragamax Grand Bahama - 30lb bag £17.79 (coral culture online)

2 Buckets £2

13kg of live rock £117 (lfs)

ETI Electronic Digital Aquarium Thermometer
£8.20 (aquatics online)
LEDs £18.40
adaptor £6.95 (amazon) for the LEDs

Harry, yes you can save yourself some money for the time being, but if it were me I would change the tubes, to marine, makes the colours 'sing'

Seffie x

ok thanks :good: should i run the skimmer wet or dry?

IIRC you have the V2 400 skimmer - same as me.

I run mine fairy low and it seems to drag a lot of stuff out of the water.

Are you running a sump?

I always aim for a head of foam protruding from the inlet of the collection, like you get on kids bubble bath. That gradually gets pushed over the edge, collects in teh cup and then breaks down into dirty water. Anything more than that and I find I'm just wasting water and forever emptying the darn cup lol.

I always aim for a head of foam protruding from the inlet of the collection, like you get on kids bubble bath. That gradually gets pushed over the edge, collects in teh cup and then breaks down into dirty water. Anything more than that and I find I'm just wasting water and forever emptying the darn cup lol.

Snap, that is exactly what I do

Seffie x

thanks everyone :good: almost chrismas :hyper: there should be more interesting stuff on here after then :good: im not having a sump :good:

Most reactions

Back