Harrys Juwel Rio 125 Marine Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

The fluval uno tanks are great for rio 125's, also, I wouldn't buy an over flow box, if it fails you'll know about it. Egg crating is available on ebay and from koi retailers.

I didn't use a sump on my rio 125 and it ran fine. The sump just gives you that bit of extra water volume, which doesn't necessarily mean more fish, because fish need space to build territories etc.

Sorry, I had a total brain fart lol. I got confused between this thread and another new setup that is having a sump put in lol. You could remove that shelf but personally I would just move it up a bit if you are planning on having a sump. As your sump would have to be a custom build, I'd make it myself from acrylic. It would cost you quite a bit to make one from glass to fit. Acrylic would be much safer and easier to work with.

I have the same tank and am wondering if the TMC V2 400 Skimmer is noisy. its going in my bedroom and would keep me awake if its loud :)

I have the same tank and am wondering if the TMC V2 400 Skimmer is noisy. its going in my bedroom and would keep me awake if its loud :)

You'll probably find that you get used to any noise. I have the constant sound of trickling water and slight hum from the skimmer in the sump. You just switch off to it after a while. I find the sound of the water relaxing and its about 2ft from my bed lol.

ok i think im not going to have a sump. if i get a bigger tank then maybe. my skimmer has come :hyper: i hope it isnt that noisy because the tank is about 2-3 foot away from my bed. here are some pictures

2009_12110001.jpg
here it is in parts

2009_12110002.jpg
pump in side the aquarium

2009_12110005.jpg

2009_12110004.jpg

2009_12110006.jpg
im going to cut and drill holes in the lid to put the pipes in. also this weeked me and my dad are going to take out the filter. and soon i will be replaceing the lights with 2 marine white lights and 48 blue LEDs :good: the LEDs will only cost £22 :hyper:

where are you getting LED's from? I am thinking about setting up a rio 125, going to look at buying one tomorrow. ha. I am considering using LED's. Let me know how u get on with them.

I love this journal. I ahve the same tank and will be using mostly the same equipment :D i removed the filter today, came out much easier than i thought it would! just need to scrape the silicone off. there are 8 blobs in total.

My tank was £150 from my LFS, and I am looking for prices for the skimmer. i also think i dont have the room for a sump at the moment.

Just wondered why you are using those lights which you have just said. Juwel recommends one marine and one blue bulb for saltwater tanks :unsure:

Harry,

I have a suggestion with regard to creating a really nice backbrop for the tank. Rather than spending £5 on a roll of that reef background sheeting, which invariably gets cut incorrectly, ruffles, gets salt residues between the glass and sheet, or falls off because the sticky tape gets damp, why not get a can of midnight blue or black spraypaint?

Spray the outside of the back of the tank and lacquer it. This will hide all the external equipment, wires and the wall. It will also add depth to the tank when you look at it. If you do, just remember to cover the rest of the tank with newspaper, wear an M3 mask and spray it outside. Probably best to get your dad to help do it. The finished result will be much, much nicer :good:

I wanted to do this on my old Juwel 180 but I didn't have the option to do it as I bought a complete setup, with rocks and fish from someone and couldn't move the tank outside. I was forever having to replace the tape holding the reef background on as well as removing it to clean the salt off the back of the glass. It was a real pain in the backside!!

Here's what the black acrylic background looks like in my tank, to give you some idea. You could of course go the other way and use a very light blue, although I find this detracts from the tank contents and doesn't add as much depth to the tank.

Rock-New.jpg

thanks every one :good: im getting the LEDs from here you can get them 24,48,96 and 120 blue water proof LEDs

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/waterproof-leds-c-76.html?osCsid=7d97e8733b1777c1f1de1bd9535dd6cc i might get 2 strips of 48 LEDS

im taking my filter out today also moveing the skimmer and cutting/drilling the lid for the pipes :hyper: well i have used a background on my tropical tank using this chemical thing called seaview heres a link for it http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supplies/aquarium-ornaments/backgrounds/seaview-background-fix.html the background as been stuck on there for 18 months now
i got the skimmer from here http://www.reefstore.co.uk/cart/V2Skim-400-Protein-Skimmer.-pr-16181.html and it was at a good price :hyper:

also what is the best way to run a skimmer wet or dry

Omg, ive missed lots - a tank, a cabinet and a skimmer - how excited must you and your dad be Harry :D

Seffie x

ps Harry, you might consider keeping the internal, otherwise where will you run your Rowa, you can also hide your heater in there

i have been thinking about the rowa stuff but the filter is so big. :shout: i can hide the heater behind the rocks anyway. i could put a very small filter in and put rowa in.

i know what fish im getting but i dont know what order to get them in. here is the list 2 clown fish, purple fire fish,1 Filamented Flasher Wrasse and a 1 Mandarin (this will be added last because i will need to have a live food farm.)
all i know is to add the mandarin last. the mods on the juwel tank are almost over :hyper: just got to replace the t5 lights with marine ones add LEDs and cut the back part of the lid for the skimmer :hyper:

Going well!

Why are you having LEDs aswell as the main lights, also, what bulbs are you having? 2x Marine or 1x Marine and 1x Blue? :unsure:

Most reactions

Back