Hardy Fish? And Some Advice For Fish Health !

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NomNomTiger

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
What's a really hardy but beautiful fish to have? my angelfish just get sick too often. My nitrated and p.h are low, I have a new canister filter, a bio sponge, a huge peice of driftwood, and I feed them a mix of brine shrimp, blood worms, and flakes. I have bottom eaters that clean up the leftovers and I can vacuum the substrate and hardly anything even comes up. so why do my fish always get sick? None ever got sick in my one tank that I just have a biosponge in. so is it possible to take too good of care? beforr I added the babbies and took away 2 parents, I had 5 angelfish in a 55g and 3 loaches. 1 is a horseface and doesn't even grow past an inch for some reason.

my next point is my story about columnaris disease and collodial silver on it.

So over the past few days I have been losing fish left and right. Started with one of the baby angelfish I had in my big tank to grow. (had lots of babies and 3 adults in this big tank, no one fought! Anyways, 1 baby died, I thought maybe it was born with somrthing weird (but I ALWAYS check my fish thoroughly once a day at minimum) and my platinun had a red spot by her mouth. I assumed it was bacteria as my tank doesn't fight. I put some salt in and raised the heat. the next day I see her with ich and another baby dead. I freak at this point, add another batch of salt, turn the heat up, add some methylene blue and another bubbler for more airation. the next day I realise it's not ich or else she would have been dead by now, the ich is almost gone, I take her out of the tank and put her in a bowl because at this point I've found it's not ich, my quarantine tank was given to the agressive parents, and with ich, you have to treat the whole tank anyways. it's usually 2 days by the time it shows on the fish and the fish dies. so in the tank, water clear as day you don't notice much on my platinum, I took her out and her whole face was red and I was crying and freaking out. I don't jave clove or anything and I felt horrible for not euthanizing her but I couldn't. I grabbed my collodial silver (I take it for my lyme disease) and sure enough the red was almodt gone in the morning and no more babies are dead yet. but I hate myself for noy using it earlier. it was my first time using it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back