Guppy emergency! Please help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
And do you see how, to the right of that line on her abdomen, there's a weird bubble-looking thing? What is that?
I'm not sure. I see it. I know its hard but could you try to get a clearer picture?

She is in the bottom corner of the tank so I couldn't get a great picture. I got a slightly better one of the bubble, though:

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpeg
    IMG_1124.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 93
She is in the bottom corner of the tank so I couldn't get a great picture. I got a slightly better one of the bubble, though:
If you look at her from above do her scales stick out like a pinecone? She looks to fat by far, even if she was pregnant

Her scales don't look like they are sticking out, but they are very defined. They all have dark brown outlines. She has been that size for a long time. I did think she was pregnant at one point, but she never had babies. I also thought she was bloated or constipated, so I gave her peas, but they didn't seem to help. I concluded that she was just fat.

She has been at the bottom back corner of the tank for most of the day, and then she went into the very middle of a fake plant.

Here is a picture of her from above. Is this pineconing? The scales don’t look like they are sticking out from her body at all, but they are very defined.

Attachments

• 181647E8-ADD8-4AAF-AFB4-079E95909F8B.jpeg
    181647E8-ADD8-4AAF-AFB4-079E95909F8B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
Here is a picture of her from above. Is this pineconing? The scales don’t look like they are sticking out from her body at all, but they are very defined.
She dosent look to fat from above. Sjes probably pregnant

That "bubble" is a cyst. What with that and the white stringy poop, plus the fact that she's not skinny, I'd lay odds that this is an internal bacterial infection. Treatment would be a broad range antibacterial, such as Esha 2000.

Thank you so much! Is eSHa 2000 the best one? I don’t know if I can get it in time because it is not at any pet stores or Amazon.

That "bubble" is a cyst. What with that and the white stringy poop, plus the fact that she's not skinny, I'd lay odds that this is an internal bacterial infection. Treatment would be a broad range antibacterial, such as Esha 2000.
eSHa 2000 is not available in the U.S., so I am worried that it won't arrive in time. What is the equivalent of it in the U.S.?

I have no idea what this thread is about and there's too much to read. If you can sum up the problem and what has been said, I might be able to help. But I ain't reading all the posts.

Last edited:
I have no idea what this thread is about and there's too much to read. If you can sum up the problem and what has been said, I might be bale to help. But I ain't reading all the posts.
Understandable! Thank you so much for being here.

One of my guppies is very unwell. Her tail is drooping, she is not moving much, she isn't eating, she has white/clear poop, and she might be bloated. We are trying to determine what the issue is. The general consensus is that it is a bacterial infection, but I don't know how to treat it. eSHa 2000 seems like the best option, but it will take to long to arrive here in the U.S. I'm not sure if Melafix or E.M. will treat her for the right thing.

So far, I have raised the water hardness and am in the middle of a General Cure treatment. Is there a way for you to access all of the pictures in this thread without reading them all? If not, I can attach them again.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back