Guppy emergency! Please help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I would treat for parasites if the poop was stringy and white. Treat all the fish. Find out what in the tank is causing the ammonia.

I moved the fish to their old tank. The younger one (orange) is doing much better, but the older one looks unwell. Her tail is drooping, and she is not moving much. I offered her food but she showed no interest.

Just tested the water parameters:
pH: 7.0
ammonia: 0 ppm
nitrite: 0 ppm
nitrate: 5.0 ppm

Please please help! I don't want to lose her. @JuiceBox52 @Colin_T @corylover5 and anyone else who could help!

She is in the 5 gallon correct? With 5 other guppies?

Do daily water changes and treat for parasites if you can

How do I treat for parasites? And how do I find out what is causing the ammonia?
Find a parasiteedication online or at the pet store.

I'm not sure. Do a thorough gravel clean in the tank to see if there is any uneaten gunk.maybe change your filter media. Anything.

Did you add ammonia when you cycled the ten gallon?

Yes, she is in the five-gallon. Three males are on one side, she and the other female are on the other side. How much water do I change? Should I wait one day before changing the water in case I stress her out more?

It might (any unneeded medication does the same) but if she has the white stringy poop it is almost certain she has worms. Especially if she is not eating I believe

I looked it up but I don't know what kind of worms they would be.
I forgot to add this, but there is one mystery snail in the tank as well.
Do you think she is going to die? I am really scared.

She might but she may be able to be saved. Do a 75% water change and vacuum the gravel. Clean water never hurts and may lower her stress level.

I'm still confused about what it is that I am supposed to be treating. Is there a diagnosis? If it is worms, what kind of worms?

I have started treating the whole tank with API General Cure. Today, she has a weird red line on her abdomen. Does anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpeg
    IMG_1116.jpeg
    317.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1118.jpeg
    IMG_1118.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 78
And do you see how, to the right of that line on her abdomen, there's a weird bubble-looking thing? What is that?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back