Growth On Fish?

LexiLex888

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
66
Reaction score
7
Points
8
Location
Oklahoma, Broken Arrow
I just got this fish not to long ago, maybe 3-4 weeks. He’s been doing great with my other fish but today I noticed he has some kind of a growth on his side?

I don’t know if this is an emergency or not and I don’t know what to do.

What is this?
 

Attachments

  • 17655E03-F500-4132-9851-407A01610681.webp
    17655E03-F500-4132-9851-407A01610681.webp
    768.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 1E94B78C-72EC-4115-AAD7-81C4D145900A.webp
    1E94B78C-72EC-4115-AAD7-81C4D145900A.webp
    650 KB · Views: 351
  • 19F96E32-30B1-48E2-A209-14D4FE99EACF.webp
    19F96E32-30B1-48E2-A209-14D4FE99EACF.webp
    567.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 860745C0-2BD4-4396-A9C6-4F5CCDA5F96C.webp
    860745C0-2BD4-4396-A9C6-4F5CCDA5F96C.webp
    998.2 KB · Views: 314
Can we get some closer pics?
 
Whatever it is, it is probably caused by poor water quality . I would do a water change and add aquarium salt.
 
I also read that they are not that much of a problem to the fish and that you shouldent worry much but it just depends it could be a disease or just nothing. My axolotle has one and he has lived a long and healthy life. I would add aquarium salt just in case because it is harmfull to the fish.
 
I also read that they are not that much of a problem to the fish and that you shouldent worry much but it just depends it could be a disease or just nothing. My axolotle has one and he has lived a long and healthy life. I would add aquarium salt just in case because it is harmfull to the fish.
Yeah, it was pretty dirty today, but this afternoon I did like a 70% water change, gravel clean, filter clean and scrub.

Oh phew! I was so worried that it was hurting or stressing him. I’m glad to know that it’s not bothering him. I hope it’s not a disease! I’ll add aquarium salt tomorrow.
 
it will be fine for a while but eventually the growth gets too big and the fish dies. it could be 12 months or more before that happens.
 
The cyst/tumor that was attached to the original fish, Colors, has disappeared. Now however, I see a cyst on my other fish in the tank, Aurora. It seems like something is also growing from the cyst as well? I have no idea what this is. 030B6D20-702E-48DE-B118-DD5286CDA2CB.webp
 

Attachments

  • 7ECE8F3A-2416-4267-9116-345EA482182B.webp
    7ECE8F3A-2416-4267-9116-345EA482182B.webp
    903 KB · Views: 264
  • 24689D75-DA39-4E60-B5F0-B8C4BECEC4A0.webp
    24689D75-DA39-4E60-B5F0-B8C4BECEC4A0.webp
    1 MB · Views: 333
The orange goldfish has anchorworm. That could be what the calico goldfish had too, an anchorworm that came off and left an infection that swelled up.

Add 4 heaped tablespoons of rock salt, sea salt, or swimming pool salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 2-4 weeks and then stop using it.

If there's only a couple of anchorworm on the fish, you can use a pair of tweezers to pull the anchorworm out. But it will pull a bit of skin out too and you have to make sure you get the whole parasite out of the fish or it becomes infected. Salt will normally kill the anchorworms and help reduce infections.

Sometimes the dead anchorworms don't drop off the fish and you have to remove them with tweezers.
 
The orange goldfish has anchorworm. That could be what the calico goldfish had too, an anchorworm that came off and left an infection that swelled up.

Add 4 heaped tablespoons of rock salt, sea salt, or swimming pool salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 2-4 weeks and then stop using it.

If there's only a couple of anchorworm on the fish, you can use a pair of tweezers to pull the anchorworm out. But it will pull a bit of skin out too and you have to make sure you get the whole parasite out of the fish or it becomes infected. Salt will normally kill the anchorworms and help reduce infections.

Sometimes the dead anchorworms don't drop off the fish and you have to remove them with tweezers.
Ok will do!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top