Congo Tetra Lump

Boschlj123

New Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Points
3
Location
California
My buddy has a fish store in his garage and he has had these Congo tetras for a while, I decided to purchase them always seeing them and enjoying them. We put them in my tank and next day I noticed a lump. I have no idea if it’s always had it. He is a full grown male. It’s on the base of the tail and only one side. Fish is otherwise normal. My buddy said to just bring it back if I think it’s something bad but idk if it’s a tumor an old injury, please any help would be great. The pictures are bad I know they don’t stand still to much. Il try to put a video up.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3724.webp
    IMG_3724.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3726.webp
    IMG_3726.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3725.webp
    IMG_3725.webp
    25 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3723.mov
    22.9 MB
Diagnosing from photos is hard, and it's too easy to be wrong for me to feel confident naming that. But I will say I don't like the looks of it.

At the same time, they've been together for a long time from what you've said, so it probably isn't a worry about it being communicable. If it is a spreader, it's already spread to all of them.
 
Diagnosing from photos is hard, and it's too easy to be wrong for me to feel confident naming that. But I will say I don't like the looks of it.
I do have a quick video of it posted in there to that’s clear. I don’t like the look of it either.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top