The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well the guppy with the white patch has died and the other has more red on her now. I think it is septicemia, I still have a few days before i can try something else.

I looked at Kanamycin, which seems the best option for hemorrhagic septicemia with internal bleeding. I can't treat with anti internal bacterial food and I'm not sure if the Interpet anti internal bacteria that I am using now is helping the fish at all (maybe it only treats the bacteria outside of the fish and doesn't get inside the fishes blood)? There are certainly no signs of improvement anyway.

The only Kanamycin based med I can find in the UK is Seachem Kanaplex and that seems to only be available online. The other thing I am afraid of is disrupting the other fish, my catfish are scaleless and I have already lost two adding salt, so the last thing I want to do is lose more.

Should I continue with the interpet treatment or get some of this Kanamycin stuff?

I have used kanamycin full dose with corys and it was fine for mine. Even the shrimp wasn't bothered.

Thanks, the problem is finding the darn stuff. I don't think its easy to get here and if I order online it could be too late... :(

Dodgexander said:
Thanks, the problem is finding the darn stuff. I don't think its easy to get here and if I order online it could be too late...
sad.png

I got mine form ebay. You can try getting it anyway and maybe treat with something else in the mean time. They don't sell antibiotics here unless you get them from a vet maybe...., so online(US) is the only way.

Turned out it was too late, the last guppy gradually sank itself to the bottom and hid to die. I found her this morning dead.

So all of my guppies have died, but the other fish seem ok. Ill continue this treatment path and then put carbon in the filter.

Thanks for your help!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back