Got Some Good News And Some Terrible News

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It all comes under home insurance, just depends if you want to make a claim for it and then have your premiums raised.

This thread has turned crazy.

Of course its not nice what they did, they should know better and they obviously didn't.
There is talk on here about "I would beat a child that done that"....."I'd punch a child that done that".... Brings up some serious concerns for child safety IMO.
The parents are responsible for their children, no one else.
Calling the police would do what exactly? Waste of time, money and effort. If someone is going to do an act such as this, a "telling off" by the police is going to do nothing.

I don't know about America but the law in the U.K and Ireland would not allow punches to the face, or beatings. Even if you tap a 2 year old on the backside, even whilst they're wearing a nappy its seen as abuse. FACT!
So those who wish to use violence and then call the police, I believe you'll find yourself in more trouble than the child that done the act.

As already said, the child will still get their normal things and birthday presents and christmas too

K Everyone is talking about how he must have been raised bad......i wasn't that age too long ago and i would never EVER hurt any liveing creature. I have a brother that is 3 years older then me...still lives at home, scraping money out of our parents when he needs it, verbally abbusive to everyone- well naturally to me as i am his sister, but to our parents!- our parents spanked us as kids, treated us the same, punished us in the same way....yet i turn out pretty good :hey: yet my brother can get quite bad.

My point is, it isn't ALL about parenting. Influences from people such as friends from school can have a BIG effect on how a teenager behaves.

Im so sorry to hear about your tank and home everything goes well for you =)

Those children are demons if mine did that even just to my 10 gallon I'd wring they're neck and they'd pay for an even larger tank. Then they'd pay for anything that was in the tank that was unsalvageable or dead.
If your looking for a new filter like if yours broke I suggest making your own sponge filter they are very easy to make

OOooo!! I got that too! On the back of my bare thighs. That, or a flyswatter!

I just can't imagine even having the thought of smashing someone's aquarium with a hammer. Or intentionally destroying anyone's property! My mother would have beat me into next week!

This is aminal abuse pure and simple and needs dealing with pure and simple. It makes me sick.

He's 14. He knew exactly what he was doing. If it were me I'd make him very very sorry in any way I can.

My common plec passed away :-( :-( :sad: :sad: :X :X
He was only 3 years old, other than that everything is fine

wow, i was going to suggest that i let you borrow my leather belt BEFORE i read the part about the hammer. there is no doubt in my mind that i wouldn't have waited for the child's parents to show up, i would have used my leather belt in the same manner that i used it on my children when they were growing up.

AND i would have insisted that his parents come up with the money to replace my aquarium IMMEDIATELY. and i would NEVER allow that child or his parents back in my home under any circumstances.

i'm old and i'm mean, just ask my sons. but they'll also tell you that they are disgusted by even the folks their ages that have no respect for anyone or anything. and it's even worse with the younger folks. we talk often about this kinda stuff. Me and my middle son, Joe, were in a store and saw some snotty little brat haul off and smack his mother because she took something out of his hand and put it back on the shelf. the lady ignored it, like it never happened, but the kid also didn't get what it was that she took away. so i have to give her some credit. After Joe saw that he said, "if i'd have done that i woulda been black and blue in a matter of seconds" and i said "darn right".

sorry you lost your pleco, but i'm glad all the other fish are ok.

I really didn't ought to be replying again, but I am, so there ya go.

To all those people advocating corporal punishment, can I just point out that, legally, that is Assault, and carries a heavier sentence than Criminal Damage.

I was never smacked as a child, either with the hand or with any sort of implement (aka weapon), and I have never had any form of dealings with the police.

To reiterate my previous post, I am not trying to belittle what the child did, but violent reprisal is not the answer. (IMHO).

This thread could go on for ages, everyone has different opinions on how to be a parent, what works for some, doesnt work for others and there is nothing worse than telling another parent how they should bring up / punish their child. I now rank discussions about parenting up there with the god existence discussion, avoid at all costs :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back