Got Some Good News And Some Terrible News

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

snake007

Me encanta cíclidos
Reaction score
Ill start with the good news - just got a 20 gallon tank from a car boot sale for 5 pounds :hyper:
Came home, My 14 year old cousin was there and my other cousin who is 12, they both decided it was a good idea to crack eggs in my 60 gallon :-( :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :-(
The fish seem to be turning around in circles and not swimming properly, the water is cloudy and smells.
What should I do?

BBIIIGGGGGGGGG water change - as close to 100% as you can get.

What should I do?

Picking the kids up by the ankles & giving them a good dunking comes to mind. I'd do the large water change first though, don't feed for a few days. Egg yolk is an old school fry food, while it won't hurt the fish it's great for fouling the water.

What should I do?

Picking the kids up by the ankles & giving them a good dunking comes to mind. I'd do the large water change first though, don't feed for a few days. Egg yolk is an old school fry food, while it won't hurt the fish it's great for fouling the water.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I Put the fish in a bucket, done a 95% water change, filled it up and Im letting the water clear up a bit then going to put the fish back, as for the kids Im stuck what to do, there begging me not to tell their parents :shout:

don't feed for a few days.

The fish or the kids?

Both. :lol:

:lol:

What should I do?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I Put the fish in a bucket, done a 95% water change, filled it up and Im letting the water clear up a bit then going to put the fish back, as for the kids Im stuck what to do, there begging me not to tell their parents :shout:

Depends on their attitude - if you're confident that they'll never do it again, and are genuinely sorry (ie not just sorry for getting into trouble) then maybe don't snitch. If they're just saying they're sorry cos that's what they're supposed to do, then I would tell the parents.

Tell their parents! Jees what horrible children! I agree with Juggler, they need to learn there are consequences to their actions.

Hope the water change went ok... eugh I can't imagine what eggs in the tank smells like. Egg yolk may be an oldschool fry feed but eggs, whites n all, in that amount would surely clog the fish's gills up?

Meh :( Tell their parents! they need to learn a lesson here. Although to be fair, if I caught one of my nieces or nephews doing that I'd go absolutely mental!!

As the parent of five, do tell the parents. You never know how many other beastly things these kids have done without suffering any consequences. But anytime I see a child intentionally harming an animal, I suggest the harshest possible punishment within reason. Seriously. The next step is setting cat's tails on fire or something equally horrible.

Hope your fish come out of this all right.

Tell their parents they are old enough to know better and I bet you have told them befor not to mess with the tank I'm forever tellin my son and niece not to play with it they can look but not touch hope the fish come through it ok

Well they had a good talking to but the 14 year old boy was rather rude saying 'There just fish, I wanted to see if they would eat it, I dont care about them, there stupid things with no feeling and they can *******************'' The following words I cannot repeat because it was disgraceful, Im lost what to do, I told their parents and their on their way to get them, When they get here they we will discuss a suitable punishment, not only did he mess with my tank after I told him not to, he used disgraceful foul language to me in my house and refused to apologize.

What would you do?

YYou've told their parents, they'll have to deal with it now. Emphasise it might've killed the fish and if you hadn't been home in time you'd be expecting money to replace them.

That's what I'd do.

I think you're doing it right. But placing a monetary value on the fish just devalues them, IMHO. They're living, breathing, feeling creatures not to be tortured "just to see what will happen."

I'd ban them from coming over for a long, long time.

Crack eggs on his head....

From the other side of the room.

Hard boiled.

Or ceramic.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back