Got Snail Eggs People

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If you don't want any baby snails, take the eggs and put them in a dish of water, or drop them into your tank. From what ive read, the eggs are laid above water because the water kills the eggs off
i thought the only reason they layed them above the water line was to stop them being eaten by other fish.
There is a small cluster of about 10-20 eggs behind the filter (no idea how the snail got them there).

I tested this out and dropped a clutch of eggs i didnt want in to some water. So far they haven't hatched out, yet the ones laid two days before that i didn't submerge have.
I'll just be freezing any eggs from now on though

well its been the 10 days since the 1st clutch was dropped and no sighns of life yet but this morning i found a fresh new clutch. This time even bigger but its on the roof of the tank (water changes are going to be difficult) so if the 1st clutch doesn't yield anything then at least there is a stand by. :hyper:

They can take anywhere from 10 days to a month to hatch. Just leave them there.

well its been the 10 days since the 1st clutch was dropped and no sighns of life yet but this morning i found a fresh new clutch. This time even bigger but its on the roof of the tank (water changes are going to be difficult) so if the 1st clutch doesn't yield anything then at least there is a stand by. :hyper:

Wow! Your snails are obviously head-over-heels for each other LOL

Get ready with the camera for when they hatch out - would love to see pics of the baby snails!

Athena

Im on my fifth clutch in 3 weeks. its crazy. ive hatched out two but not the others.

You can tell when they are about to hatch because the eggs that are going to turn white

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back