Got Snail Eggs People

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

There can be hundreds in that cluster. I raise them to put in our Koi pond outside and to sell. I have seven batches in one tank that is just for the snails and a couple right now in another. I love to watch the tiny ones hatch and travel down the glass to the water. Good luck with them. Also if they are in a tank with any large cats or aggressive fish they may eat them. I have a Pictus cat in one of my community tanks and he has eaten all the medium sized snails in that tank. All that's there now are there shells.LOL

Ow wow i didnt think there was that many. I have asked my lfs if they want them. he said he is more then happy to take them of my hands once they are a few weeks old as they never have any in and he would rather buy them from me then a supplier. 1 of them is going to Athena tho as her apple aint doing to well.

Ah fair enough then. If you've got a shop to pass them onto then enjoy your new additions :) They really are cute when they're little. And you can see their hearts beating through the shell.
I've got a few youngsters atm, only around 20 or so though. And I'll be keeping a few of the brightest pinks to breed, they'll prob look a bit like this
Pinkapplesnail.jpg

Their mother is a dark foot stripey purple, and the father was a white foot ivory. I'm hoping the whites may have inherited the ivory and/or no stripe gene aswell as the white foot so over time I'm hopefully going to end up with some white footed no stripe pink individuals.
Like this hopefully
40gal4.jpg

There can be hundreds in that cluster. I raise them to put in our Koi pond outside and to sell. I have seven batches in one tank that is just for the snails and a couple right now in another. I love to watch the tiny ones hatch and travel down the glass to the water. Good luck with them. Also if they are in a tank with any large cats or aggressive fish they may eat them. I have a Pictus cat in one of my community tanks and he has eaten all the medium sized snails in that tank. All that's there now are there shells.LOL

Only the 2 Phantome tetras in there with the snail and eggs so they should be fine.
Cheers for all the good advice.

Ah fair enough then. If you've got a shop to pass them onto then enjoy your new additions :) They really are cute when they're little. And you can see their hearts beating through the shell.
I've got a few youngsters atm, only around 20 or so though. And I'll be keeping a few of the brightest pinks to breed, they'll prob look a bit like this
Pinkapplesnail.jpg

Their mother is a dark foot stripey purple, and the father was a white foot ivory. I'm hoping the whites may have inherited the ivory and/or no stripe gene aswell as the white foot so over time I'm hopefully going to end up with some white footed no stripe pink individuals.
Like this hopefully
40gal4.jpg
i recon i will keep a few of them. going to be sorting that tank out soon. was going 2 heavily plant it and get some shrimp and rasboras but i dont no now that i have my new snails on the way. :crazy:

OMG WOW - all these beautiful snails!!!

Thanks, Alex, let's hope your eggs hatch (well I mean the snails eggs). Would love one thanks! Actually, Littlemonkey also offered me a couple but as you offered first, let's see if they hatch out. Exciting eh!!!

I've never seen snail eggs before so that was really interesting to see.

I can't get over the colours of Curiosity's snails, though - aren't they amazing? Pink snails? Fabulous!!

Got home last night, after it had rained, and my pathway was covered in giant snails - brown garden ones :angry: Shame they weren't as pretty as those in the pics LOL. If they were, I'd be over-run with pet snails by now :lol:

Athena

OMG WOW - all these beautiful snails!!!

Thanks, Alex, let's hope your eggs hatch (well I mean the snails eggs). Would love one thanks! Actually, Littlemonkey also offered me a couple but as you offered first, let's see if they hatch out. Exciting eh!!!

I've never seen snail eggs before so that was really interesting to see.

I can't get over the colours of Curiosity's snails, though - aren't they amazing? Pink snails? Fabulous!!

Got home last night, after it had rained, and my pathway was covered in giant snails - brown garden ones :angry: Shame they weren't as pretty as those in the pics LOL. If they were, I'd be over-run with pet snails by now :lol:

Athena

Same as me and I've got loads of pet slugs, can't give em away. :sad:

ha ha. Well i just hope that i have better look then with my mozy larvi problem :lol:
I will post some more pics on monday of the clutch progression. You can have the brightest best looking one Athena as i feel for LL.
Back of to work now. (joy)

ha ha. Well i just hope that i have better look then with my mozy larvi problem :lol:
I will post some more pics on monday of the clutch progression. You can have the brightest best looking one Athena as i feel for LL.
Back of to work now. (joy)

Awwww, mwah mwah mwah! Thank you!

I was just browsing on google looking for more info on apple snails and to my horror I ended up on a page that had apple snail recipes! :sick: "Apple Snails in white wine"...argh! :crazy:

Now don't let that give you any ideas as to what to do with any snails you can't re-home!! LOL

Uww that's disgusting, you have to fry them in a pan with a bit of butter and garlic. Lol I am joking of corse.
I have made it a rule that it is a bit weird to eat anything that eats thuw it's own foot. So that's not going to be a problem besides there are so cute.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back