Good Fish Food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tmoney7

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So at the moment i have pygmy corys and a betta in a 10 gal and they both have their own food specifically for them.  When i get my other 10 gal tank cycled (which should be in about a week and a half) i will be putting endlers in there.  So what i was wondering is what kind of food i should get for them.  I have always used to feed my fish flakes when i was younger but people have said that they are not so good for them.  So what is?!?!    

Also to add on to this i do plan on breeding the endlers (which shouldn't be to hard :p) and was just wondering what others usually feed their fry.  I know a lot of people have said they just crush up flake food but if its not good for the adults wouldn't it not be good for the fry as well?  On top of this i do know that people have also said freeze dried daphnia, but would frozen daphnia work as well?

tmoney7 said:
So at the moment i have pygmy corys and a betta in a 10 gal and they both have their own food specifically for them.  When i get my other 10 gal tank cycled (which should be in about a week and a half) i will be putting endlers in there.  So what i was wondering is what kind of food i should get for them.  I have always used to feed my fish flakes when i was younger but people have said that they are not so good for them.  So what is?!?!    

Also to add on to this i do plan on breeding the endlers (which shouldn't be to hard
tongue2.gif
) and was just wondering what others usually feed their fry.  I know a lot of people have said they just crush up flake food but if its not good for the adults wouldn't it not be good for the fry as well?  On top of this i do know that people have also said freeze dried daphnia, but would frozen daphnia work as well?
fish flakes are fine for endlers, just make sure there small enough i guess,fry enjoy live food and hikiari first bites.

Okay i'll have to check and see if my LFS sells live food. I think they will because they seem to sell everything for fish even though they are not a fish store but a pet store.  I'm sure they will have the fish bites as well.

Hikari Micro Pellet food is pretty good for small fish.

I use this to feed my Threadfins.

Frozen bloodworms would be ok as well but might be better with frozen mini bloodworms or frozen brine shrimps as they are smaller and easier for small fish to eat.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back