Food allergies for fish???

Magnum Man30 144

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
7,612
Reaction score
6,865
Points
113
Location
Southern MN
so, our little dog Teddy, has been really itchy, and we think we have self diagnosed this to be food allergies of some sort, seems we can buy a particular brand of specialty food that costs more per pound that steak… or give him a prescription pill daily… just wondering if that is a mammal thing, or if any of us, is in “touch” with our fish enough to notice a particular problem with certain generally accepted foods, not working out for a particular fish??? I know with my volume of tanks, and thus fish, that is beyond me, but still curious if anyone else has noticed anything, like an allergic response in fish???
 
I can't answer the fish question, but my dog had allergies and was on Apoquel for years. He wouldn't eat any of those expensive prescription foods.
 
I haven't heard of fish having allergies, but in general, if they did, they would die with no one considering the possibility.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top