GOLDFISH WITH FINROT AGAIN!!!!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

The danios might hang around with some of the bigger tetras like congos or African long fins. The other option is to ask the local shop to order you some in. Put in a customer order for 10 or them and see if the shop will get them in for you.

The danios might hang around with some of the bigger tetras like congos or African long fins. The other option is to ask the local shop to order you some in. Put in a customer order for 10 or them and see if the shop will get them in for you.
ah sure...i will ask the shop...but wont 10 of em be overstocked for my 17G tank?

btw thank you very much for your help

but wont 10 of em be overstocked for my 17G tank?
probably yes.

I didn't realise the tank was small. Giant danios need a tank that is 3 foot or longer, so do Congo tetras and African longfins. Maybe think about rehoming the danios.

probably yes.

I didn't realize the tank was small. Giant danios need a tank that is 3 feet or longer, so do Congo tetras and African longfins. Maybe think about rehoming the danios.
ah ok then... I'll ask my friend if he has room for these danios (the last time I asked him he told me his tanks are already fully stocked)...If not ill try rehoming it by some means or the other

Is there any way to temporarily reduce the aggression of that danio until I find them a new and loving home? (most ppl here get fish and a tank...put them in some random water which in unchlorinated...throw in a lot of pellets...the fish dies...they blame it on the fish...so yea...gotta find someone who actually knows fish keeping)

thank you very much for your help

sry for the late reply btw...I was sick for the last few days with a severe fever

Last edited:
sry for the late reply btw...I was sick for the last few days with a severe fever
No need to apologise, we all get sick or feel under the weather some times. And work or other commitments can stop us getting on here too.

Did you catch covid?
Get well soon :)

---------------------
If you put lots of plants in the tank, it can sometimes help reduce aggression because the fish can't see each other as much, compared to an open tank where everyone can see everyone all the time.

No need to apologise, we all get sick or feel under the weather some times. And work or other commitments can stop us getting on here too.

Did you catch covid?
Get well soon :)

well not exactly.....the covid vaccine gave me a high fever (aroun 104.8F)

thank you by the way
If you put lots of plants in the tank, it can sometimes help reduce aggression because the fish can't see each other as much, compared to an open tank where everyone can see everyone all the time.
Ah ok....I will add more plants and make sure that they dont see each other

That's not good, which vaccine did you get?
covaxin...the government recommends only this vaccine for teens (14-17)(im from india)

also an update...the aggression in the danios have reduced...that danio's fin has healed (i did not add plants yet)

Most reactions

trending

Back