Getting Bored With My Marine Setup

emmsy

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
571
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
swansea
I am getting bored with my marine setup, and decided to get rid of it. This will please me in the interim till I can get my big tank up and running.
Just phoned the LFS, and they will take all the fish/inverts back tomorrow and give a credit note.
My tank is a 5x2x2. Obviously, alot of prep work to do to convert it back, but I feel marine has gone stale for me.
I want some real colour in the tank, maybe an oddball tank, I dunno.
Can I benefit from your wealth of knowledge and have some suggestions what to stock?

Fire away!

Emma TB
 
you have a marine tank and you want colour?

marine fishes are more colourful than freshwater fishes. Why don't you get rid of the coral and just load the tank up with damsels and tangs or something super colourful and easy to keep. Decora and magnifica fire gobies, flame angels, coral beauty, yellow tangs, anthias dispar or squammapini. Banana wrasses, hawkfish, bangai cardinalfish
 
I have made the decision to get rid of marine full stop. I mean colour in tropical. It's a decision I have been toying with getting rid for ages, but have decided. I have a yellow tang already, but just peed off with the maintenance. Marine has just gone stale for me... sorry.

I gotta say, I do like cichlids

Emma TB
 
I have made the decision to get rid of marine full stop. I mean colour in tropical. It's a decision I have been toying with getting rid for ages, but have decided. I have a yellow tang already, but just peed off with the maintenance. Marine has just gone stale for me... sorry.

I gotta say, I do like chiclids

Emma TB

Why dont you go with your option B, Dicus as you said on the other thread it was malawi or discus? have a big school of cardinals :P
 
i dont think id have the time and paitence to maintain a marine tank
senagal birchirs are wicked/silver sharks/silver dollars/oscars/jag/

example
1 jaguar cichlid<sexy fish>
1 senagal birchir
6 silver dollars
2 hoplo catfish
 
I'm gonna save my Malawi for my big tank I think. mmm Maybe Discus or some S/A cichlids. God! decisions! aaaahhh!

Emma TB

OH yeah Nelly, That tank suggestion sounds good! Nel I like you!

Emma TB
 
either a peacock cichlid tank with a few other malawis thrown in for variation. Or a rainbowfish tank. Get some Glossolepis incisus, Melanotaenia lacustris, boesemani, rubrostriata, trifasciata (Goyder River or Wonga Creek form) & herbertaxelrodi.
check out the following link for different rainbows.

http://members.optushome.com.au/chelmon/Melano.htm
 
Melanotaenia lacustris. A great suggestion Colin.

Nelly, beleive me, if I was to violate you, you would know about it BIG STYLIE :blink:

Emma TB
 

Most reactions

Back
Top