Fish Suffering At School!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Inchyally

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I don't know what sectionb to put this in...

In my school, I went to one of my classes and wanted to puke.

There were two goldfish that my teacher purchased as the class pets. They weren't in a tank... or a bowl (unsuitable...) even. They were in a 'turtle island' with only an inch of water. It was really sad. They were half way out of the water, barely able to swim.

I know that these two goldfish together require a 30gal+ tank, but I can't afford it. A 10gal I can afford by the skin of my teeth, though that is undersized. Should I get it anyway?

When I explained that the goldfish could not live in this condition, the teacher told me 'Well, they've been alive for a week'.

I cringed.

I don't have a job any more, and don't have money for even a new test kit. :( Is this worth the effort?

Is there a local authority that looks after animal welfare - I would report this to them myself.

Can you notify someone higher? The head master or someone?

To the first person, I don't think the teacher meant to do anything bad to the fish, even though it is pretty horrendous.

Can you notify someone higher? The head master or someone?

The principal probably wouldn't care... I doubt he knows much about fish. :(

if the body is out of the water ... this will cause major skin issues and willl be very bad for the slimy film around them.... could you slap your teacher from all of us a ttf

I tink I would get expelled for slapping my teacher. Not that that's a bad idea!

Thats awful,it doesn't teach young people how to care for fish properly. :angry:

Yeah, I know. And when I told her I may buy a tank FOR HER, she blew me off like it was nothing. :sick:

slapping her would make you feel better... i hate seein poorly treated animal of any kind... dentists are pretty bad at keeping animals in there waiting rooms in particular...

if someone offerer a good solution to the problem i would be excstatic ... what a cow!

slap her! :p
i realy dont agree with faire grounds giving out golfish . its just inhumane... it would b less cruel to give out stick insects or something like that ... its just plai mean giving goldfish to people that have no idea aboutkeeping fish :(

slapping her would make you feel better... i hate seein poorly treated animal of any kind... dentists are pretty bad at keeping animals in there waiting rooms in particular...

if someone offerer a good solution to the problem i would be excstatic ... what a cow!

slap her! :p
i realy dont agree with faire grounds giving out golfish . its just inhumane... it would b less cruel to give out stick insects or something like that ... its just plai mean giving goldfish to people that have no idea aboutkeeping fish :(

I know what you mean on the dentist thing! My dentist had 2 Bettas in unfiltered, unheated 'kritter keeper' like containers. They were there one visit, the next nowhere to be seen. I wonder what happened. :/

Yeah, I would have spent my own money to buy a rather expensive thing for her, and she was all, 'yeah, whatever, oh really, thanks.' and went on to the next person.

i think you should offer to buy the tank an keep the goldfish with you .. honestly ... i dont like the idea of her keeping fish :(

say they will be much happier

I wouldn't take on the fish yourself...

Just make sure she sets it up properly.

You could suggest that you set it up.

I would report them to the animal welfare. There not setting a good example to there pupils by letting animals suffer.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back