Fish Quiz

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lets get this Quiz going again...

Q. Every year, about how many new species of fish are discovered in the Amazon Basin?

1. 30

2. 35

3. 40

4. 45

Cheers...

Lets get this Quiz going again...

Q. Every year, about how many new species of fish are discovered in the Amazon Basin?

1. 30

2. 35

3. 40

4. 45

Cheers...

i think this is a bit of a stupid question, as you say about, and this number is VERY approximate, of course a completely different number are found every year, yet your option numbers are so close.

If the answer is 35, then 30 and 40 could be right, and i bet every source of information for "about how many new species of fish are discovered in the amazon basin each year" gives a different number, and all of them could be right as an approximate answer.

and i know youve got an approximate answer, but you have varied your numbers in spaces of 5, thats 5 species you have varied them by, and every year the number of discovered fish could vary by 10 or 20, so although a variation between 30 and 45 would be quite a jump (although entirely possible), if the answer is 30, then in my eyes 35 and maybe even 40 would also be right.

this thread isnt as friedly as when i was in here last :unsure:

erm 45 :good:

i think this is a bit of a stupid question, as you say about, and this number is VERY approximate, of course a completely different number are found every year, yet your option numbers are so close.

If the answer is 35, then 30 and 40 could be right, and i bet every source of information for "about how many new species of fish are discovered in the amazon basin each year" gives a different number, and all of them could be right as an approximate answer.

and i know youve got an approximate answer, but you have varied your numbers in spaces of 5, thats 5 species you have varied them by, and every year the number of discovered fish could vary by 10 or 20, so although a variation between 30 and 45 would be quite a jump (although entirely possible), if the answer is 30, then in my eyes 35 and maybe even 40 would also be right.

Ok then... :grr:

Sure, I made a mistake... The approximate answer (according to most of the sources that I looked at) was 35! And if that is the official average, then surely I should make that my correct answer! Maybe I should have spaced my answer options out a bit more, but I just didn't consider it...

Sorry, Mojo... Good try, but incorrect...

Somebody ask a question, Please...

I think the problem with this quiz is that some of the questions need to be more accurate with only one answer. For example there have been a few questions about min tank size for a fish, although people have different opinions on this, so although there may be a correct answer it's not really that accurate.

Ok then... :grr:

Sure, I made a mistake... The approximate answer (according to most of the sources that I looked at) was 35! And if that is the official average, then surely I should make that my correct answer! Maybe I should have spaced my answer options out a bit more, but I just didn't consider it...

Sorry, Mojo... Good try, but incorrect...

Somebody ask a question, Please...

:crazy: I wasn't having a go at you, just i don't really think anyones actually going to know the answer without guessing.
Don't get offended by it :rolleyes: its just the truth that the answers for that question are not definite and vary from source to source and from person to person. I don't understand how you can be angry.

I wasn't having a go at you, just i don't really think anyones actually going to know the answer without guessing.
Don't get offended by it

The question was more of a "Spur of the moment " kind of thing... So, lets get on with the quiz! :good:

Cheers...

Guppys?

Lay eggs
Give birth to live young.
Mouth brooders

Correct your turn.

Which one of these fish
are known to be very aggressive?

A. Silver dollars
B. Rummy-nose Tetra
c. Jaguar Cichlid

jaguar cichlid,

Which of the three most common dwarf corydoras species is commonly labelled as a midwater swimmer rather than a bottom feeder?

jaguar cichlid,

Which of the three most common dwarf corydoras species is commonly labelled as a midwater swimmer rather than a bottom feeder?

Corydoras pygmaeus?

Most reactions

trending

Back