Fish Quiz

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

It would be overstocked.
Sometimes neons can be fin nipper so that out.
Also oto don't always get on with corys they chase them about.

Wilder is pretty much the closest, as well as Scott, gourami and betta might not get along, neons are fin-nippers, overstocked, and otos need to be in groups. Not sure exactly who got it, so anyone can go I guess...

Scott your turn.

feeshy, don't you just love to argue(spelling?) for the sake of arguing(spelling?)?

No, if it's a quiz people don't wish to be conned by an incorrect 'correct' answer from the OP.

It would be overstocked.

Not really, fish on different levels, nothing high bioload, certainly easy enough for the filter to cope with...

Sometimes neons can be fin nipper so that out.
And sometimes they're not. I believe it's most often the latter.

Also oto don't always get on with corys they chase them about.

That's stupid... That's the same as saying 'danios chase each other so keep them on their own'...

My plec didn't like corys and seen it before depends on the size of the tank, bigger tank more room might get along.

My plec didn't like corys and seen it before depends on the size of the tank, bigger tank more room might get along.

Again, wrong sort of arguement... All fish chase all other fish. Some individuals may take it further than others, but since a heck of a lot more people have no problems keeping otos, plecs, whatever, with cories, your arguement is unfounded. Try telling the catfish forum your theory and see how you get on...

Lol stop taking everything to serious, we all have different opions, not worth falling out over to be honest.

ok, I'll ask a question- would this be a suitable tank?
10 gallons
1 dwarf gourami
6 neon tetras
3 pepper cories
1 betta
2 otos

why or why not?

Again, wrong sort of arguement... All fish chase all other fish. Some individuals may take it further than others, but since a heck of a lot more people have no problems keeping otos, plecs, whatever, with cories, your arguement is unfounded. Try telling the catfish forum your theory and see how you get on...
Relax,if you knew alot about fishkeeping you would know the answer would be that it was a unsuitable tank (most of the time).You are just being to serious,i have been quite annoyd lately of people having different opinions to me(not annoyd of that),then argue and state their opinion as fact.This is a forum and everyone can share their opinions.Why don't you stop making up excuses to post pointlessly and get on with this game.It's fun if you play it... :good:

wow you guys.... take it easy, this is all just for fun..... hahahaha!

ok, so

I can grow about 12inches long,
i'm brown and sometimes golden, with spots
I live along the bottom and am sensitive to whats happening outside.......
I am a.......???

1 of a thousand things!!!! so I'll go for the easy option. a common pleco?
although they get bigger than 12.....

nope.... sorry....

those on the forums who know me will find this one easy.... its one of my favorite fish....

and also that last hint is kind of a give away for anyone familiar to these....

ok, so

I can grow about 12inches long,
i'm brown and sometimes golden, with spots
I live along the bottom and am sensitive to whats happening outside.......
I am a.......???

Clarias catfish :p Technically that's right. Also acceptable, potentially eel catfish of assorted types, other loaches, etc. etc. But the answer you consider correct is weather loach.

whoever it was before the function screwed it up said:
Relax,if you knew alot about fishkeeping you would know the answer would be that it was a unsuitable tank (most of the time).You are just being to serious,i have been quite annoyd lately of people having different opinions to me(not annoyd of that),then argue and state their opinion as fact.This is a forum and everyone can share their opinions.Why don't you stop making up excuses to post pointlessly and get on with this game.It's fun if you play it... :good:

That to me or Wilder? I'm assuming to me given mine was the main body of your quote, but who knows... Actually it would be more likely a newbie would say it was unsuitable, using the traditional regurgitated 'facts' about fish. It could easily be done- I'd try it, given a standard 10g and the desire to keep rubbish fish like tetras, dwarf gouramis, cories and otos, and could certainly get it to work given a few spare tanks in case I picked the wrong betta. I certainly wasn't stating my opinion as fact, I believe that was Wilder, if you read it properly you would see I was in fact disputing opinions that are said as facts that aren't nessecarily, such as 'oh, it's overstocked', or 'plecs don't get on with cories'. And I'm merely trying to inject some proper structure and quizzage into the thread- what sort of a question is one where there's no real answer?

well yeah.... and given my signature i figured it would be and easy guess.... and the reference to "outside" thus the weather..... but o well....

Go Ahead!

Can a male clown fish turn into a female.

Yes
No

Yep.....

Females are dominant in the clown fish society.... so when the female dies off, the more dominant male will actually change sex to become the Female..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back