Fish Id Please?

Spishkey

Spishkeys Turtle Rescue
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
2,000
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Belgium
can anyone id this fish for me please, i have reason to believe its a sa cichlid of some sort but am unsure. its a young fish so not fully grown or showing full colours yet

vis.jpg
 
can anyone id this fish for me please, i have reason to believe its a sa cichlid of some sort but am unsure. its a young fish so not fully grown or showing full colours yet

vis.jpg

Shooting from the hip, I'd say it's a very young Port Acara.. (Blue Acara)
 
hmmm possible. he says they are from the aequidens family so could be possible. he's got 7 for sale for €5 so im very tempted to take them. got 7 black banded cichlids off him for a fiver too, and his fish are extremly healthy. may just go for it and see how they grow out/turn out to be!
 
i also recon port aka Aequidens portalegrensis
but also the name Laetacara curviceps plays in my mind but looking at face profile id say port,id go with aequidens family
 
I was going to say Laetacara dorsigerus, but it does not have the blotchy markings
 
I must agreee that it looks like part of the Laetacara group but I really don't know which it is. The line through the eye that almost looks like a smile is typical of the group.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top