Fish ID Please

gwand42 158

Fish Aficionado
Fish of the Month 🌟
2x Tank of the Month!
Supporting Member ⭐
2x Pet of the Month!
Joined
Dec 31, 2022
Messages
3,097
Reaction score
6,178
Points
113
Location
Baltimore, MD
I have 30 wild caught B. brigittae and 10 G. pygmaeus in a tank since March. Today I spotted another small red fish in this tank that was not ordered by me. A hitchhiker! Anyone know its identity?
IMG_4019.webp
IMG_4018.webp
IMG_4015.webp
IMG_4014.webp
Thanks
 
Last edited:
Unforked tail, yes? Livebearer. Either a red platy, swordtail or hybrid thereof (as most are).

Don't you have red platies in your charge? Was there possibly an inadvertent transplant form that tank to this one?
 
Unforked tail, yes? Livebearer. Either a red platy, swordtail or hybrid thereof (as most are).

Don't you have red platies in your charge? Was there possibly an inadvertent transplant form that tank to this one?
Yes. Unforked. I did have dwarf platy fry in the tank before it was converted into a nano tank in March. He must be a runt that I missed when moving the juvenile platy to a grow out tank. This tank is heavily planted. Wow he is still really small. I don’t expect any further growth at his age. He is a dwarf among dwarves.
 
Petition for the fish to be given the name 'Tiny Tim'. Not near Christmas yet, but not that far off either ;)
 
Seems to be a platy.
 
Twenty five of his red coral dwarf sibs were sold to a lfs for store credit on May 23. He was left behind. Poor guy. The G. pygmaeus are keeping him company. His birthday was March 10. I look at this tank daily and never saw him until today. Stealth is his middle name.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top