Boraras brigittae have completed quarantine

gwand42 158

Fish Aficionado
Fish of the Month 🌟
2x Tank of the Month!
Supporting Member ⭐
2x Pet of the Month!
Joined
Dec 31, 2022
Messages
3,097
Reaction score
6,178
Points
113
Location
Baltimore, MD
I purchased 30 wild caught b. brigittae from The Wet Spot the beginning of March. They all survived 4 weeks of quarantine. On closer inspection I think there are a few b. merah in the group. They must have been shoaling with the brigittae when they were all netted. I converted their new home into a black water tank.
IMG_3635.jpeg
 
That's a wonderful sized group. I had Bororas maculatus a couple of years ago, in a single species tank. I got 40, gave away 20 twice and when I decided to use their tank for something else, gave away 50. They took care of themselves...
 
Like your tank and those tiny rasboras are awesome.
 
As by-catch go, B. merah is right up there with the best of them.

I love large schools of the diminutive 'rasboras.' I currently have 30 B. dorsiocellata that I enjoy endlessly.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top