Firemouth Fry!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hiya westwood i see my F1 pair seem to be doing you proud ....... that male is a stunner .... but not seen any pics of the female through this thread ... which is a shame as she is just as good

firemouths are quite slow growers ... even in a fair sized tank so they may take a little while to grow but its all worth the wait

hiya westwood i see my F1 pair seem to be doing you proud ....... that male is a stunner .... but not seen any pics of the female through this thread ... which is a shame as she is just as good

firemouths are quite slow growers ... even in a fair sized tank so they may take a little while to grow but its all worth the wait

Hi, They are doing really well! The female is fine, but she likes to hide allot. :S I only see her when they are breeding or she feels like flirting with him. :lol: Will try to get a picture of her soon.

My fry are growing at a steady rate and the biggest is probably 15mm and really starting to colour up nicely. Loving watching them grow up! They already know I am the one that brings their food!

Westwood

Hi, They are doing really well! The female is fine, but she likes to hide allot. :S I only see her when they are breeding or she feels like flirting with him. :lol: Will try to get a picture of her soon.

My fry are growing at a steady rate and the biggest is probably 15mm and really starting to colour up nicely. Loving watching them grow up! They already know I am the one that brings their food!

Westwood

spot on pal .... youve done realy well with them .... its a shame i had to let them go but with the house move etc i had too .... will be looking into having firemouths again after i get all my new tanks as 2x1x1s are a bit small for em lol

im just glad they have done you good .... fry and fish of the month lol

Been searching for this thread for a while to check on the progress, I thought it was longer ago than this.

Looking great, I still can't believe the colours.

Update? Please?! Pretty please with a cherry on top? :) or with a firemouth fry on top ;)

Sorry guys, haven't had much time recently will get a update up ASAP.

Westwood

my firemouths are really getting on my nerves, they are ganging up on my green texas :angry: just chasing at the moment but when he its bigger hey will probably get it !

my firemouths are really getting on my nerves, they are ganging up on my green texas :angry: just chasing at the moment but when he its bigger hey will probably get it !

Firemouths are fairly aggressive fish, But their bark is much, much bigger than their bite! I should say when the GT gets bigger they will become more wary

Westwood

Hi guys, sorry for the delay, been busy and not had time to come on. Consequently I haven't done as many water changes on the fry so their growth is a little slowed. But here they are:
Fist a video:

And a few photos:
DSC00543.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Westwood

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back