Firemouth Fry!

So what are the magic tips then for breeding them? anything in particular you did to trigger breeding/spawning?

happy new year ;)

So what are the magic tips then for breeding them? anything in particular you did to trigger breeding/spawning?

happy new year ;)

Let them pair up, and just leave them to it! :lol: I think a colder water change can trigger spawning, it has worked for my Angelfish but never tried it on my Firemouths!

Happy new year to you too! :good:

happy new year ;)

Let them pair up, and just leave them to it! :lol: I think a colder water change can trigger spawning, it has worked for my Angelfish but never tried it on my Firemouths!

Happy new year to you too! :good:

i could be mistaken here, but i think the a water change of slightly cooler water almost simulates a shower of rain, and that can be a big trigger for spawning. its fairly logical i suppose, trying to copy their natural envoironment with fairly possible conditions! confusing! :S id be interested in hearing about your breeding of angels (the fishy sort i mean)what sort of size was the tank you used for the firemouths too ;)

i could be mistaken here, but i think the a water change of slightly cooler water almost simulates a shower of rain, and that can be a big trigger for spawning. its fairly logical i suppose, trying to copy their natural envoironment with fairly possible conditions! confusing! :S id be interested in hearing about your breeding of angels (the fishy sort i mean)what sort of size was the tank you used for the firemouths too ;)
Yes I think that is what the cooler water change does tricks them into thinking its the rainy season! I don't breed Angels any more, as I think the pair is getting older, and I have had to split the pair up. :sad:
I left the Firemouths to themselves in my community tank, and stole the fry when they were wrigglers. I have got them in a Fluval Edge at the moment, and will move up into a 2 foot and possibly a 3 foot when they reach the correct size! :good:

Westwood

very nice, i used to mate black convicts, they were really fun to mate and watch! Good luck with your new fry and keep us updated!

We are still making Progress!
DSC00494.jpg

Some are getting real Bosters now! :good:

Westwood

they look so cool! :)

i got 2 today, i asked for male and female, but i got them from pets at home, who arent great for fish, so i was wondering how to distinguish between sexes?

they are hard to sex i belive, i think you have to wait til there older. Or westwood will probably tell you some amazing facts

they are looking so good now WW you can really start to make them out, my apisto fry are getting on well they look like mini ones now with big fat orange bellys due to my de capsulated brine shrimp eggs

they look so cool! :)

i got 2 today, i asked for male and female, but i got them from pets at home, who arent great for fish, so i was wondering how to distinguish between sexes?

They are hard to sex when they are adults, so if they are young its next to impossible. Best thing to do is post a few pictures of the fish and people can have a 'educated guess'at it. But it will never be for sure. :/

they are hard to sex i belive, i think you have to wait til there older. Or westwood will probably tell you some amazing facts

they are looking so good now WW you can really start to make them out, my apisto fry are getting on well they look like mini ones now with big fat orange bellys due to my de capsulated brine shrimp eggs

Thanks! Do you have a thread on you fry? Would love to see there growth!

Have been looking for Firemouths and you are fairly close, so would like to throw my name in for when they are old enough for you to sell on.

That adult is absolutely gorgeous.

Those little buggars are growing fast congrats :good:

Thanks, will get a updated picture up soon!

Have been looking for Firemouths and you are fairly close, so would like to throw my name in for when they are old enough for you to sell on.

That adult is absolutely gorgeous.

Great! What size do you want them? Just pm me or post on this thread when there the correct size and we can arrange something! :good:

Westwood

They are looking amazing and are growing pretty darn fast, you must be proud of them and the parents :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back