Firemouth Fry!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Westwood

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,
Thought it would be a good idea to share my progress of my Firemouths and their fry. This is my first batch of fry from them, and all is going well so far! :good:
You may have seen a Firemouth loitering the homepage :look: , that is the farther of the fry.
DSC00447.jpg

The eggs were layed about a week and half ago, couldnt get any pictures as they had layed inside a flowerpot. :fun:
Here are the fry after I took them away from the parents, and just as they started to swim. :lol:
DSC00459.jpg

This picture is of today. 19/12/2011
DSC00474.jpg

Any Comments, Questions Welcomed!
Westwood :good:

:santa:

oh by the way they look great and the adult looks stunning nice fish

Hey WW, missed this one mate!! How are they going? Still ok i hope?
Yes, everything is still great! :good: They are growing pretty fast, have just started feeding crushed flake today seem to be eating fine. :hyper:

Let me buy some PLEASE!!!!!
When they are bigger! I will be selling some though this forum hopefully, So whatch this space! :lol:

Just a quick photo update:
DSC00480.jpg

There does not look a massive improvement, but they have grown considerably! Their fins are growing nicely now! :rolleyes:

where bouts you live WW? I cant wait till they get big I really want them now lol early xmas present

if i leave a msg in your profile can you let me know when there ready

how did you get the fry out mate because i need to remove my apisto alcarina from my main tank?

Nice mate, real nice!

Make sure you keep up the water changes and they will romp on!

They get 2 x 25% a day. so they should be growing quick! :lol:
where bouts you live WW? I cant wait till they get big I really want them now lol early xmas present

if i leave a msg in your profile can you let me know when there ready

Ok, I live in Stourbridge in the West Midlands. I think its going to be a bit until there at a decent size. What size will you need them and ill get back to you?! :lol:

how did you get the fry out mate because i need to remove my apisto alcarina from my main tank?

I used a length of airline tubing, and just syphoned them out when hey were wrigglers. :good: Good Luck!

well im from bristol so postage wont be too far save the drive. il take 4 at 2cm ? how much would you charge ?

and for removing fry i might wait til after boxing day and just net them out

well im from bristol so postage wont be too far save the drive. il take 4 at 2cm ? how much would you charge ?

and for removing fry i might wait til after boxing day and just net them out

can i make you an offer? 2 pound each at 2cm?

I am unsure about posting and the price at the moment, but when they are a decent size I will pm you.

Ok westwood i had to buy some, i got 2 today for 11 pound now i just got to accomidate them i hope mummy apisto keeps them away from her babies

Just a quick update! Fry are doing great,had a few of the smaller ones die off, but not too upset from that as it means I will have a better quality stock at the end. All feeding well on flake now. :D
DSC00485.jpg

Seem to be growing well, but is it a bit slow?

Thanks Westwood
Ps, Hope you all had a good Christmas! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back