Feeding A Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NickAu

Fish Connoisseur
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I have a question of feeding a Betta, How much how often should 1 feed a betta.  I give my betta about 7 or 8 pellets of Atison's Betta pro, Or some brine shrimp or a fruit fly or some blood worm, But his total daily food intake is about equal to 7 or 8 pellets daily.

Now I am a bit confused, On the Atison's Betta pro instruction label, It says  " Feed twice a day, As much as the fish can consume in a few minutes". Have these people ever seen a betta eat, My betta would eat so much in a few minutes he would burst.

How much and how often do you feed your betta?

I only feed mine once a day he gets 2-3 pellets or a few mysis shrimp. Really it depends on your bettas size, activity, and weight gain but right off the bat unless you see him getting super fat and or bloated just keep doing what your doing.

i feed mine 2-4 pellets of new life spectrum betta formula. then once a week he gets a few frozen brine shrimp. once a month he gets live brine shrimp, daphnea or blood worm. he also has one fast day a week usually after live or frozen food. hes currently making a bubble nest in the wisteria. so i guess hes happy.

I feed mine once a day and he gets a rest every third day. I also feed mine three different types of food. It goes pellets, frozen food, wormie things, rest, repeat. My last betta LOVED the wormie things and today is Fezzik's first time for worms so I'm super excited to give some to him!

I feed mine 2 pellets in a day. One during the day and one at night. Their stomach supposed to be just as big as their eye.

Yeah instructions on the packages are ... not correct.  LOL    I suggest feeding until you see a slight swell in the stomach area and then stop.  Once you have done it that way a couple of times you should have an idea what your betta can handle.  As for how often to feed, that is up to you and the individual betta.  Some bettas are best fed once a day and others can easily handle a second feeding a day.

Of course the Betta food manufacturers will tell you to feed them as much as possible. More food wasted = you buy new food more often, which fattens their pockets.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back