Fahaka puffer breathing fast

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Add a few small pieces and monitor the pH over a week

Hi colin

Ph is the same at the moment after adding a couple of wheels to the tank. I've put a background on, not sure if fahaka likes it or not. Here is a updated video

The puffer appears to be a bit unsure/ wary of the back of the tank now. It will settle down in a few days.

It takes a few days before you see any change in the pH if it's going to change. Just monitor it over the next week and if the pH is still low, add a bit more limestone, coral rubble or shells.

The puffer appears to be a bit unsure/ wary of the back of the tank now. It will settle down in a few days.

It takes a few days before you see any change in the pH if it's going to change. Just monitor it over the next week and if the pH is still low, add a bit more limestone, coral rubble or shells.
OK thank you, just added 4 sells at moment.. What sort of limestone can I add. Would cotswold stone which is limestone be OK. Or are we talking about ocean rock

I have no idea what Cotswold stone is.

Just use normal plain old boring limestone. If you can find some nice smooth pieces at the beach they will work. Just rinse them off under tap water and add one piece at a time.
Make sure you are not to take stuff from a marine park.

I have no idea what Cotswold stone is.

Just use normal plain old boring limestone. If you can find some nice smooth pieces at the beach they will work. Just rinse them off under tap water and add one piece at a time.
Make sure you are not to take stuff from a marine park.

OK thank you, just when you search for limestone so many different ones come up

I would just go to the beach and find a couple of bits of limestone and grab them. try to grab the dry stuff not the stuff in the water, which could have marine life on it.

I would just go to the beach and find a couple of bits of limestone and grab them. try to grab the dry stuff not the stuff in the water, which could have marine life on it.
Unfortunately I'm 3 hours from a beach lol, so it's shops or garden centres only

Pet shop that sells marine fish will have some. Otherwise a garden centre or hardware store but make sure they haven't sprayed it with any herbicide.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back