Fahaka puffer breathing fast

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OK wi
I can't tell anything from that video. If you turn your phone on its side so it's horizontal instead of vertical, the video should fill the entire screen and make it easier to see the fish.

Do the big water change now and then raise the temperature to 30C.

If you use heat treatment (30C) for whitespot, you don't need to use any chemicals. So just water change, raise temperature and increase aeration.

Do not add whitespot treatment/ medication.
OK will just do big water change, clean gravel add conditioners to water etc. Then turn temp up. Can't you see the breathing on the video that's only video I have from this morning.. I'll take another one when home at 6pm.

OK wi

OK will just do big water change, clean gravel add conditioners to water etc. Then turn temp up. Can't you see the breathing on the video that's only video I have from this morning.. I'll take another one when home at 6pm.
Shall I add a teaspoon of aquarium salt aswell? I normally use Api water conditioner and quick start when doing water changes

Oh you have a cute fish not gunna lie such a feisty little one. He's probably a little hungry as well by judging by the way it jumped to the glass to attack. Puffers are sensitive to quick temp changes and salt doesn't always work for em. If this gets worse in a week of doing the high temp and salt use metro/kana plex. Puffers die quick from those sorts of things if not handled properly. Baths in chems is what I do when salt and temps fail. metroplex is great just get a half gallon bucket put some on his food and leave him in it for about 2 hours with an air stone. Oh and keep the bucket in the tank so the temps the same. This saved my amazon puffer tank when I was battling ick for a month and a half. I lost so many tbh and I hate to say that but this saved the remaining of my amazon puffers. Temps and salt can only do so much

Oh you have a cute fish not gunna lie such a feisty little one. He's probably a little hungry as well by judging by the way it jumped to the glass to attack. Puffers are sensitive to quick temp changes and salt doesn't always work for em. If this gets worse in a week of doing the high temp and salt use metro/kana plex. Puffers die quick from those sorts of things
Oh really with do water change tonight, clean and add my two conditioners then turn temp up. Hope that helps. My puffer prefers snails and live fish to chase before eating

Fahaka also enjoy mice when they get larger. Tbh reason why I got rid of my fahaka cork just too much agression for other fish and I enjoy watching puffers interact with other fish.

Fahaka also enjoy mice when they get larger. Tbh reason why I got rid of my fahaka cork just too much agression for other fish and I enjoy watching puffers interact with other fish.

Big snails little wary off, but meduim or small snails loves. Also likes neons, molly and guppies to chase before catching.

Also a feeder shrimp of to feed fahaka, they where at Maidenhead Aquatics in a little salt water. But can get 30 for a few £

There's no need to add salt to treat whitespot but you can add some if you like.
Use 2 heaped tablespoons of salt per 20 litres of tank water.

You also need to do water changes to remove the nitrite. A level of 2 is not good for fish. If you have nitrite you may well also have ammonia in the water. Both of these will cause a fish to gasp, in addition to any other problems in the tank.

You also need to do water changes to remove the nitrite. A level of 2 is not good for fish. If you have nitrite you may well also have ammonia in the water. Both of these will cause a fish to gasp, in addition to any other problems in the tank.

Thank you

I will be doing a 60% water change and gravel clean. Then adding some water conditioner and quick start from Api.

So after water change my readings are

No3 10
No2 0.5
Gh 14
Cl2 0
Ph 7.4
Kh 4.5

Please also find two videos of water adjetation as put upto 30 degree as of white spot and also her breathing

OK wi

So after water change my readings are

No3 10
No2 0.5
Gh 14
Cl2 0
Ph 7.4
Kh 4.5

Please also find two videos of water adjetation as put upto 30 degree as of white spot and also her breathing

QuoteReply

The air bubbles are fine and normal. Nothing to worry about.

The fish's breathing is a little more than normal but if it's whitespot that would explain the breathing. Just keep the water at 30C for 2 weeks then reduce the temperature. If it is whitespot, the heat will kill off the parasites and the fish should be fine after the temperature is reduced.

----------------
You have slate rocks in the tank and these can sometimes have sharp edges. You might want to change them for something smoother (river rocks of limestone). Limestone will raise the pH so be careful how much you add to the tank.

It doesn't look like you have a picture on the back of the tank. If you don't then get one. You can buy them online or at pet shops. You can also use a plastic bin liner or coloured card and just tape them to the back of the tank on the outside.

The piece of driftwood has lots of little pointy branches they could damage the fish if it panics and swims in to them. Perhaps take some of the smaller bits off so there is less chance of this. Alternatively find another piece of wood that doesn't have roots/ branches sticking out everywhere.

The air bubbles are fine and normal. Nothing to worry about.

The fish's breathing is a little more than normal but if it's whitespot that would explain the breathing. Just keep the water at 30C for 2 weeks then reduce the temperature. If it is whitespot, the heat will kill off the parasites and the fish should be fine after the temperature is reduced.

----------------
You have slate rocks in the tank and these can sometimes have sharp edges. You might want to change them for something smoother (river rocks of limestone). Limestone will raise the pH so be careful how much you add to the tank.

It doesn't look like you have a picture on the back of the tank. If you don't then get one. You can buy them online or at pet shops. You can also use a plastic bin liner or coloured card and just tape them to the back of the tank on the outside.

The piece of driftwood has lots of little pointy branches they could damage the fish if it panics and swims in to them. Perhaps take some of the smaller bits off so there is less chance of this. Alternatively find another piece of wood that doesn't have roots/ branches sticking out everywhere.

OK thank you Colin, I will take some of the branches off and remove slate. Is having a backing important for the tank? Also what are you saying on my water parameters after water change

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back