Does anyone know where to buy Betta Splendens in the Northern VA area?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tine

Reaction score
The only sellers I can find are West Coast, but I'd like to see the Betta before purchase... Help?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Any pet shop should have a variety of them for sale.

I have ordered through momo miniatures before on EBay and had great luck. They do charge shipping but fish arrived healthy.

Last edited:
I have bought several bettas through eBay.com, and they all arrived safely. Do you have an LFS near your house? :)

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the support.

I suppose I probably should have specified that I'm looking for the "fancier" versions, such as below, but was hoping to see them in person prior to buying:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076S9RTQB/?tag=ff0d01-20

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The crown tail is one of the most popular types of betta and should be available at local pet shops, fish stores or big box store.
Good luck on your quest!

I bought my Betta at a local Petco...they had about 20 Bettas to choose from.

Actually, health wise, the ones I have purchased from Petco and Petsmart are my healthiest. I don’t say that about too many things from either store. My oldest, going on 3 years came from Petsmart.

Last edited:
At Petco: Although they were displayed in those tiny Betta cups, all the cups had water up to the proper water mark and the water was very clear. They stocked many different types of Betta Spendens.
All the bettas appeared to be healthy.

Speaking of Bettas: If you haven't voted yet in our Battle of the Bettas contest, please vote now. Just click on banner at top of forums and review the 14 entries and then respond to the poll.

I have ordered through momo miniatures before on EBay and had great luck. They do charge shipping but fish arrived healthy.

Thanks so much. Definitely more along the lines of what I was looking for

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back