Do You Play?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

jpeterson

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone on the forums played a musical instrument. If you do let us know what you play, how long you have played it, any special concerts or audiences you have played to and any other interesting things about what you have done considering music.

I play the piano, tenor saxophone, clarinet, accordion and very little guitar.
I wrote a song back in 2000 or so for the Tall Ship festival (you may know it if you are in the UK) called river running free. I performed it at the customs house in South Shields in front of about 200 people. It was cool but frightening! I have since played in many band playing tenor saxophone.

Yep. Guess what my main instrument is?

I also play some drums, guitar, and managed grade 3 on sax before getting bored of it...

Bass - 12 years now... Guitar - 10 years... Drums 8ish years

gigged all over the country, but my gave gig was the forum in Kentish town London. Gig called the gathering of the thousands. We were the last of the smaller bands, supporting sub humans, anti flag and others. Such a big stage. About 3000 capacity venue (full).

I have to say though, one of the most rewarding, hardest, and scariest things I've done with my music, is teaching. I taught bass for a few years. And since then I found a new respect for teachers.

The clue is in chris's name ;)

I play guitar and started with classical 7 years ago, 3 years after that I had my first electric guitar, a fender stratocaster, then a year later I upgraded to a Gibson sg with a 50 watt Marshall amplifier that I an well chuffed with, I'm currently studying music at GCSE. I can also play basic drums, some bass, some keyboard and occasionaly I do vocals, I play mainly indie and alternative music in my band.

:p I am sooo dumb!!! Sorry blonde moment :p. Hes a bass guitarist!

Well my main instrument id piano and i play all sorts of stuff.

Lol.
I was I. The school orchestra all those years ago. Could happily pick up almost any instrument except brass or piano. But I can't get why, my theory is ok (but not as good as technique, I prefer to use my ears to find what works, rather than rely on rules, even if the rules can really help) and all the notes are right in front of you...

Well im going to play some piano live on cam now at www.ustream.tv/jpeterson if you wanna come watch. Just register if you wanna chat in the chatroom.

Sorry didn't read your message in time. I was watching family guy.

As far as piano goes. I love ben folds. He may not be the best pianist but I think he's certainly one of the coolest.

I've Been Playing Electric Guitar For 3 Years.

I would consider myself an intermediate guitar player at this point.
i play metal. mostly thrash metal. i played at my school's talent show last year and was widely praised by my peers and plan to play there this year too.
my inspiration comes from michael angelo batio mainly. i dont really care for his songs but his arpeggios are mind blowing IMO

I've got a bit of non-fish related equipment outside the fishroom;

fishroom3.jpg

Started with trombone as a kid, picked up other lower brass instruments on the way. Picked up guitar in high school, easy class the year after harmony/theory. Played guitar & bass in various bands after HS, no I don't play bass like a guitar player, more like a tuba player. :lol: Play on & off now, as the mood strikes me, haven't been involved with a band in years.

I play mostly rock & metal, some blues, since I'm trained in jazz from the brass instruments some of that sneaks in.

i play piano and violin, and i'm just starting teaching myself trumpet. i'm grade 6 piano and grade 5 violin, and i've been playing piano about 6 years and violin about 5. so, about a grade a year. i play violin in the East Riding Intermediate string orchestra. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back