Do You Play?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Haha, those mini stacks are ace. They're just a 2 10 inch speakers right?

I was a terrible terrible guitarist untilbi started listening to more blues. Something about it freed up my playing to make it sound less mechanical and perfect, and more musical.

Im currently playing a Fender CD60 Acoustic.

James.

I play mostly classical but sometimes I play jazz. i have a whole basement. I dont think i would have room for a grand. Imagine is a beautiful song by John Lennon. This piano tutorial will show you how to play the song just like the original.You will be amazed by how well you can actually play this song.

Haha, those mini stacks are ace. They're just a 2 10 inch speakers right?

I was a terrible terrible guitarist untilbi started listening to more blues. Something about it freed up my playing to make it sound less mechanical and perfect, and more musical.

Just a 10 in each little cabinet, transistor head which really doesn't nail the Marshall sound, but is reasonable enough for the price. The stomp box makes it, a Line 6 Uber Metal, which can be dialed back considerably or opened up depending on the sound you want. A pair of buckers to replace the single coils helps as well.

My first guitar teacher was a Pearl survivor, did a long swim in the harbor after being blasted off a ship. He was an excellent blues man, refused to retire from his teaching position at school, and was happy with a partial salary teaching guitar. He did it for the music, not the money and his teaching & playing showed that.

Well, let's see, I'd like to consider drums my main instrument, and I've been playing those for about 5 years now. But I've played the trombone for about 8 years, piano for 9, and I've been teaching myself guitar and bass little by little this past year. I played drums in a metal band for about half year. The only reason it was so short is cause I'm going to college in a different state. But usually, the lightest music I play is hard rock, where as the heaviest I usually play is death metal. But my band had kind of had a metalcore influence to it, so that was fun. We played a few shows, and we got to play at our high school's battle of the bands, which was a dream come true for me (for reasons I don't know). But I'll play anything on the piano, and on the trombone I prefer playing jazz, but I'll play classical too.

play bass also! to me a very overlooked instrument and sound. Bass gives life to music imo. big influences are funkadelic (bootsy :hey:) jaco pastorius (phenomenal!) Les Claypool (Primus SUCK! lol) and loads more

Trying to write music at the moment and start creating again :good:

I play guitar, mandolin, bouzouki etc. Pretty much anything with a fretboard to a greater or (usually) lesser degree.

I'm part way through a degree to become a luthier, so I also design, make and repair musical instruments, which is fun.

Was wondering if anyone on the forums played a musical instrument. If you do let us know what you play, how long you have played it, any special concerts or audiences you have played to and any other interesting things about what you have done considering music.

I play the piano, tenor saxophone, clarinet, accordion and very little guitar.
I wrote a song back in 2000 or so for the Tall Ship festival (you may know it if you are in the UK) called river running free. I performed it at the customs house in South Shields in front of about 200 people. It was cool but frightening! I have since played in many band playing tenor saxophone.

Sounds like a brilliant experience.

I play clarinet (have done for err 10+ years, i've in fact lost count), saxophone (8 years), flute (3 years), Ocinara and Recorda too but I don't think either count lol.

I did start teaching myself piano a while ago too :)

Fender P-bass, two Ibanez, one Aria acoustic, Jackson RR3, Roland Juno D synth keyboard and many, many happy hours lost in Cubase. :D

I've known how to play piano practically all my life, but just when I was really getting good at it, my parents stopped my piano lessons. I was around 13 years old. I picked lessons back up in high school and then my instructor moved away and I was unable to continue. Now, my poor piano (which is really old...my parents bought it from someone who was moving back in 95- it's an old player piano) is just sitting in a room unused, as I have no time to play it anymore currently. When I do, Dad doesn't like listening to it lol. He never has.

I taught myself to play guitar a few years ago and was starting to do pretty well, then stopped practicing because of college homework and studying. I also can play the Pennywhistle (which sounds really pretty) and Recorder, but I don't know if that counts lol, and some Harmonica.

I started to learn piano since I was 5. I stopped when I was 11, because I didn't like piano. For my school band, I learned trumpet, and really liked it. I never played professionely, or anything like that- but sometimes I would play at a friends party, or a school dance. I'm 21 and still playing, and I love it!

Zophie :ninja:

I started to learn piano since I was 5. I stopped when I was 11, because I didn't like piano. For my school band, I learned trumpet, and really liked it. I never played professionely, or anything like that- but sometimes I would play at a friends party, or a school dance. I'm 21 and still playing, and I love it!

Zophie :ninja:

I still love it too! I'm 22 :). I never played professionally or anything; I just enjoy playing :)

I have played piano since I was eight (will be 28 on October 24th). I played trumpet for six years, starting in the fifth grade, then switched to bass trombone when I was a sophomore in high school (because we wouldn't have had a jazz band if I hadn't switched because we had too many trumpets and not enough trombones). I also played tenor trombone and tuba while in high school (lead chair in the top band at our school for tenor trombone, bass trombone in jazz band and tuba just for kicks in the concert band). I got my full tuition scholarship to Eastern Arizona College playing bass trombone and went on to learn french horn, baritone horn, alto sax, flute, and clarinet (mainly because I was a music major and HAD to learn all the instruments). I have tried unsuccessfully to learn to play guitar and bass, but being left-handed and trying to learn right-handed doesn't work so well. I also sing (true contra-alto, but I mainly sing tenor in choirs because there are no contra-alto parts and the regular alto parts go too high for me).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back