Recommendations for a musical instrument for my daughter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

That is a great idea!! Her best friend plays the clarinet. The bass clarinet might be more her style. I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!!
My mom plays the clarinet. And the piano, and the recorder, etc.

She used to teach marching band as well. It all depends on if you want her to have a quiet instrument or a loud one. :)

I am not sure how she would feel about playing the pipe organ in church... She is insecure (I have no idea why... she is so talented) and doesn't like to play/sing in front of crowds.
My son spent most of his time alone in the church, he was even given a key by the church minister so he could play. But once he was asked to play at a service when most of the choir and the organist went off on a trip. (He said yes, but only if he could choose which hymns)

The more she plays in front of an audience and the more applause she gets, my bet is she will become more comfortable in front of a group of people.
I agree... She just needs to take that first step... I keep encouraging her. At first she wouldn't let me record her playing the piano or guitar, but then I talked into letting me record her with sound only and covered the camera on my phone. So I do have recordings of her singing and playing the guitar with no picture, just sound. I have posted her picture-less videos on Facebook and they received rave reviews. I shared this with her and I think it helped. I think she may just let me record video of her with picture now!! Fingers crossed... :D

My mom plays the clarinet. And the piano, and the recorder, etc.

She used to teach marching band as well. It all depends on if you want her to have a quiet instrument or a loud one. :)
I honestly don't mind the sound even when loud. I love having music in the house all the time. :)

Hmmm.. The Bassoon... I will look into it. If it is too expensive, I will have to look for another option. I am not sure how she would feel about playing the pipe organ in church... She is insecure (I have no idea why... she is so talented) and doesn't like to play/sing in front of crowds.
I'm the same way lol. Insecure

I'm the same way lol. Insecure
I wish my daughter wouldn't be so insecure... She has no idea how talented she is..I am sure you have no reason to be insecure either... I try to post recordings of her playing/singing on Facebook so I can show her how much people like her talents...I think it is helping quite a bit.

I wish my daughter wouldn't be so insecure... She has no idea how talented she is..I am sure you have no reason to be insecure either... I try to post recordings of her playing/singing on Facebook so I can show her how much people like her talents...I think it is helping quite a bit.
I'm glad its helping :) she will embrace it eventually

Definitely:)
I'm wondering if I posted a (picture-less and sound only) video of her playing the guitar and singing on this site and received feedback from members on this site that I could show her that it might be a confidence booster for her? She tells me that the responses I get on Facebook don't mean anything because they are all from family and friends (people who have to pretend to like her music). I am thinking that maybe if I got some feedback from people I don't know in person that maybe she would be more inclined to believe their input. Does that make sense?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back